Forums > Meet Others > Bristol Peeps - Post Here!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
If you're new to Bristol, or have been hunting around for Bristol people to spin with post here, or here:
[Old link]

Gayle.....!

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Ditto

great to see some peeps again and great to meet new peeps - but the best part for myself and Mel was seeing Bird make a tit out of himself - am sooooo loking forward to seeing you skip through flaming hyperloops!!!! Mw ha ha - roll on Falmouth!!!

Cheers for your hospitality Gayle hug

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Cheers Guys for making it such a wicked day/night. So much fun!

Glad you all enjoyed the curry - well worth my panic over chicken stock cubes!

Still think the biggest man boobs would sway it i'm afriad!

Hope everyone got home OK and that nobody was affected by dreaming about Gorillas and Queen!

Roll on Falmouth and the jumpy flaming hyperloops this time caught on camera.

Gayle.....!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
yay bounce thankyou indeed Gayle for your tremendous hospitality and curry, especially the curry biggrin

i too appear to have sustained an injury this weekend.... though it appears to be from over enthusiastic monkey bongo-ing... i've bruised my finger where my ring was!

2/3 of the welsh contingent got back just fine on saturday night, you know where the other 1/3 was and we can see that she got back fine too biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
so as not to be out done my knuckle is a beautiful shade of purply black and i cant feel it which is a tad worrying but im pretty sure ill survive if not skully mat vanize and firepoise i apo,ogise in advance the cuts by my thumb seem to be infected and my neck has massive scratch and i gotta go work like this tommorow

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
'morning, bristol . . .

apologies for missing you all for most of the year, but i've been doing stuff. i think. but i'm putting finishing touches to a couple of thick heavy 5t staves, and was wondering who's about at the moment?

anyone fancy a spin?

ezra

ture na sig

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey, yeah thanx for Sat evening is was a good laugh, and good to meet all of you before heading down to falmouth in 10 days, the curry was great . . .shame the bus took sooo long to get back from Bristol . . . probably due to the bus driver getting lost. I have no bruises from the Sat but biking on sunday left me stuck in a tree and I needed help from friends to remove me from said tree . . . and I am now sporting a hand sized swollen bruise on my shin and expect that to still be there for falmouth . . . woohoo

Can't wait till falmouth, its gonna be fun .. .

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
argh bless poor lamb, how did ya get from bike to tree matt? dont try and get into doctors though i gotta wait till thursday to get my hand checked. expect mine will still be there due to the fact its purple.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
kinda rolled down a hill into the tree . . .no real need for the doctors .... I managed to ride the rest of the trail so its not that bad just going to be a big bruise thats all . . . managed to get ice on it when we got back tot he bike centre . .

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If the bruise is still there at falmouth Matty,and its a pretty shape can I turn it into a creature with a black marker pen?

I got home safe and well, thanks. It only took 4 hours from the time I left Gayles house eek yes I did say 4 hours! Oh the joys of public transport on a sunday! *note to self* I really MUST learn to drive!

Tomorrow I will be posting 'vegetable stock cube man' a present to your address Gayle. Swear on your last 2 fishes lives that you won't eat it! ubblol He deserves a reward for his kindness! I wonder what super powers 'Vegetable Stock Cube man' has? He ought to have some with a title like that!

Thanks again Gayle and Neil.

Roll on Falmouth!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
as ya do matt this is a valuable lesson though go round the trees not in to them as the trees seem to fight back smile stick arnica on it very good for bruises , am honestly not crazy enough to bug doctor about a bruise gotta go anyway and its kinda dodgy so im gunna get it checked, glad ya got home ok skully and see ya both soon

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Well this has been a flurry of activity. Well Amsterdam was great. I loved it. Skully thanks for the presents you nutter and i'll make sure Bill gets his!

Hey Ezra, Where you been? You should have come last weekend - great time had by all me thinks....

Well, i'm off the thank the loverly Dutch people then off to play with my presents i bought back wink

Gayle.....!

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
. . i've been (variously) very busy, very ill, and then very busy again. and it's been cold. and the fingertip which i smashed with my staff in June has been getting progressively worse; i'm due some surgery. but when i'm done recovering from that, i might consider some spinning.

or beforehand, if the weather improves.

ezra

ture na sig

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

Skully thanks for the presents you nutter and i'll make sure Bill gets his!.............

....... then off to play with my presents i bought back wink

My present has nothing to do with your present...... unless you brought another type of eggs? ubblol

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ez, You coming to Falmouth? Garthy has some space in his car!

Gayle.....!

Clionewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi, I'm from Stroud too.
I'm failry new to poi, just saying hi as you all appear to be in this area smile

Hi!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Hello wave

I have some space in car. As to weather it gonna move is another matter!

Tis in garage at the moment. :sob:

College Green tonight? 9ish. See the other Bristol Thread in Eventss

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Brizzle Peeps -
[Old link]

Gayle.....!

kapedcrusadanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi, i'm going to be arranging performances at a few raves and clubs in the future, the first being on 24-03-06, i desperately need 1-2 firebreathers for paid performances. Can anyone help? Contact me asap @ kapedcrusada@yahoo.com

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Slackers, hello...is there anybody out there? I'll be over in about a week if anyone fancies meeting up for some spinnyness, jugglyness, boxin', diabolical mischief and/or general chats of a more worldly nature wink
P.M me if you're up for a buzz or if there's anything on on the 23rd or 24th of August as i'll be in town for auditions with the circomedians up the hill,
Sound,
Eimhin...

Luminusnewbie
17 posts

Posted:
Hi........................... ive just moved here..... where are you all?!!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
There is a thread in the events section of the board that the bristol bunch post in when they are meeting up. I think they could be meeting up tonight. Wed is a common meet up night for them.... I think...

Click [Old link]

Page: