Forums > Social Chat > Whats the super-crazy, illest shit you've spun?

Login/Join to Participate

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
OK DangerBoy, spinning sport socks with coins definitely has you in the lead of the "crazy-ill" bunch !)I'd can myself if I saw some dude at a jol spinning his socks ! Then again, if you do it just right, you could build up an impetus that might motivate *girls* to give up their underwear for the benefit of art. Just picture it !! An ensemble of whirling underwear ... I like this idea, it has scope ... and texture ...Anyway ...I'm a farmer by day and have become quite honed at spinning my various implements: pitch fork, spade, hoe, and rake ...I do a mean sword routine with the lasher, and am toying with the idea of spinning a weed-eater (weed-whacker, whatever youse call them, those fuel driven, rotating brush cutter-things.), while it's running !! Ok, I'll take the nylon out so I don't eat/whack myself ... wonder if the running engine will have a centrifugal effect ... ?Yea, I could do this whole "exotic" routine (agrees with Jesse!! "Hi, I'm Bish, I'll be your *exotic dancer* for the next few hours ... !!")I'll just get some velcro(tm) over-alls and strip while spinning garden tools !! House-wives will love it ! =>Longest thing I've ever spun: 3.5m pool net/brush/pole-thingStupidest thing I've spun: Bricks on chains (No. No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!!)How about you?Bish the Ding (Aka: Rhinosquid)

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
When I first started out I got socks and put a can of spray hair dye in the end of each one. It was working great till I hit one of the cans on my desk, the can punctures and as you can imagine (because of the pressure) it sprayed green hair dye EVERYWHERE shockedThere is still green marks on my carpet, DUH true storypeace outgarbo tonguewho's next?

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Two small chairs...the kind where the back only comes up to your lower back. I did it once just to see what it was like, for fun, I don't think I'll ever do it again. While the friends thought it looked "cool", I actually wrenched y wrist pretty good. Oh well.The flaming umbrella is coming along well...open it's is freaky scary! Does that count as weird?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
What I love is when I'm doing something else entirely and I start spinning whatever's in my hand. Like I was putting my work up in a gallery once and while I was looking at the work to make sure it was spaced properly, I started spinning the hammer. Hehehe. Diana

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
Hmmm. cardboard tubes, logs, a 10ft metal rod, purses (like chains, could be nice for a preformance), umbrellas, anything longer than wide or attached to a chain of some sort pretty much. What I do want to do for an art piece is have two dolls in bondage gear attached to my chains with wick for hair, light them up, and spin them. Gonna have to find some with ceramic heads. Hopefully there'll be an S&M event soon where I can try that one out.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Clothing hangars. I just picked them up one day and started spinning them. Actually kinda cool, because there are so many places on them to spin from. Not really all that showy, but feels kinda cool to spin.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
The wierdest thing that I've ever spun in a chainsaw. You're right, then running engine does give a starnge centrifrugal/gyroscopic like effect, but also makes you......very scared (for want of a phrase). NOT TO BE RECOMENDED!!!!!Also, a phone that's ringing sounds really odd, going brrriooong brriiiieeeeeng as it swishes past your ears..Happy (inventive) Swinging, Tim /|\

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Mebbe i'm just the timid one of the group, but i've never spun NEthing close to what you guys are playin' with... i occasionaly pick up my keychain when i'm bored in class and go through "mini-swinging" motions ^__^ [teachers often wonder what i'm doing]. And swingin' chainsaws? that sh|t will mess you up... eIsH! ------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff

Stumpymember
10 posts

Posted:
the weidest thing i spun was two granny shopping trolleys but i saw a guy spin toy doys on nooses(what is the plural?)Duh Toy Dogs, engauge brain before typing. (really wish i could tpye)[This message has been edited by Stumpy (edited 16 March 2001).]

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Stumpy - the plural of noose in 'niece' (grin)Also, what's a 'toy doy' ?

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
cant say i've spun much crazy stuff in the year+half i've been poi'in. ,,,,,,but i've done contact with a rubber duck grin

HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
I hear that, Di. i play racquetball and find myself spinning the racquet while i wait for the opponent to serve. the low wave/high wave combo is a favorite there.

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I haven't tried this yet, but i was thinking.... If you are really bored and have nothing to spin, you could use your shoes, just undo a few of the hole thingies, then tie the laces. I imagine they would work fairly well.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I find that small to medium size short haired cats work very well. Just grab'em by the tail and spin away. The sound rrooOOOWWwwoorr flying by your ear ever couple of seconds is trance-like.. grin grin J/JA chainsaw??? :eek :eek that is crazy...id like to see that though.drew------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
i had this really light girlfriend once...... i had to stop when she passed out because she wouldn't let me spin her by the head and consequently the blood to her head - well you know the rest.chainsaw, come on. no way. xplain urself.seriously. i had a pole that was about twice my height once, weird and slow but cool. i spin my shoulder bag wherever i go with it, its made of fake cow fur and i think people find this unnerving, they ask me stupid questions about vivisection. i guess if timmy spun a chainsaw in one hand and a leg of cow or lamb in the other it would make for a very pointed avant garde piece smileoh yeah, i spun a microsoftTM intellimouse by accident one day. great aerdynamixthis site is ace. full of nutters.(not the sandwiches!)o-o

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
*guffaw*You guys make me laugh!nutters! poi does attract 'strange' people! smile

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Yikes... about the strangest I've gotten is punch balloons (kind of neat looking since they are so big and colorful) and random clothing when getting dressed...I really like the mice idea being the nerdy person that I am... smile

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
I've thought of the mice thing too, but am wondering if there were some way to get a portable power pack for laser mice.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
i too have tried spinning chairs but gave up after about 45 seconds when one of them implanted itself in my shin. thats about all ive done thats all that interesting. when im chillin at the vending machines i spin my wallet around (oooooooo...ahhhhhhhhh..DOH!) ohh ohh ohh ive also spun the sleeves of my sweater. (wow, arent i impressive)DRAKE

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Wah-HA-Ha-ha-haaaaa ! Haaaaa ha ha ha ! Thud! Thud! (the sound of Bish laughing his arse/ass off!)You guys are hillarious!Superman (if I go crazy then will you still can me Superman?), what can I say bru ?I can't believe I didn't think of cats !!Seriously tho' we might get into a bit of shit with the our respective SPCAs for animal abuse, what with spinning cats and mice and O_O's Cowbag (I've seen it, its vulgar! Sorry O, still friends ?).Isn't the plural form of mouse (as in PC mouse) not 'mouses' ? I used to import tropical fish and one day at the airport I saw a whole crate of Logitech 'mice' in the quaranteen section along with my fish and some pig iron ...Ah, Aaafrika ...[This message has been edited by Bish_the_Ding (edited 02 April 2001).]

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
It used to be Mouses (not mice), but now, I dont know.

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
i spun road flares on chains once. it was totally dope!!but dangerous as hell (unless your good dont do it!!!) shockedoh ya i have also spun christmas lights and a flood light on an extention cord we stole from some guys house at 2am smile[This message has been edited by Jeff Duncan (edited 19 March 2001).]

spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
laser pointers pointing outward - looks great if you are in a cloud or fog or mist or somethin that you can see the beam in...

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Duct taping a video camera to your pole/staff must produce some 'out there' footage ...I guess we just have to wait for the technoloy to catch up !!Jeff you delinquent! I like you already!I was thinking, like, an extension cord and one of those multi plug adapter things strapped across your chest like a bandolier(sp?). Any thing that lights up or rotates is fair game after that, eh ?[This message has been edited by Bish_the_Ding (edited 26 March 2001).]

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
My partner John once did a bit he calls the 'lion tamer'...Envision stuffed animals, lions of course, on the ends of poi... dipped in fuel and spun.Apparently, you couldn't even see John in the middle of all the lions spinning around! Although, in regards to lighting stuffed animals on fire... I'm sure that's pretty awful for the environment... it was a one-time act. We won't be reprising that little number, as amusing as it sounds.*C*------------------www.cabiri.org

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Bish I think that would make you veerrrrry d-i-z-z-y watching a video like that. (possibly even like some kind of exhibition ride.)yay this looks cool i'm going roundnroundnround *blerh* there goes my breakfast. mm fun.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What about those littel cameras used for helmut cams? They aren't heavy nor big. Attaching them might be the bigger question....Makes me think of Blair Witch Project on poi...sign me up for the dramamine now!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 25 March 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I suppose if you had lots of money you could just swing the cameras around - not bother attaching them to anything. hmm it would probably take me at least a few minutes to kill that fun. (thinking broken camera bits embedded in eyeball[rather than cheekbone]).

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
Biggest thing I use is an eight foot metal pool where the whole thing (besides two feet in the center for grip) is lit on fire. Kind of a Darth Maul look to it. I also have two fire swords and hope to find some one to fight with.Cats would be neat. Props that not only can hurt you but have every intention of hurting you.

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
Splat! -No, I get you, it's not the sort of footage you'd want to expose people to for prolongued periods of time (bootfactor 10), but I've been thinking along the lines of a promotional video and this one just appeals somehow ...Considering what passes for promotional video these days, I think I could get away with a few seconds of a camera faced, first in, then out on a pole or poi...Naturally we're talking slow spins here, giving it horns and recording will for sure result in a reverse peristaltic blurrrr ( ie BAAAAARRRFFFFFFF! ), not the sort of image one wants to, er, project ...