Forums > Social Chat > What do I want for Christmas?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
My mom has been bugging me as she likes to buy stuff months in advance. I'm the last present on her list.

Any ideas?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Oh, I guess you're right. I mean, you do always have your brothers and me should you ever have the urge .... um, I think the plane tickets idea is the best one, then. Just ask for an open ended ticket ... this way you can take a "spontaneous" long weekend that wouldn't normally make sense financially --- but it would be wonderful and you'd have your mom to thank for it. Lovely.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not a horrible idea BUT... there's nowhere I really want to fly in the $200 range.

Detroit?

Cleveland?

Little Rock?

I got no peeps there.

wink

Is there something that would have made PDF/EJC things more fun?

I could always fall back on a digital camera I guess.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
They could always get you a $200 voucher for a flight on a specific airline. That way, you could use it to discount whatever flight you chose on X airline.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
True... except my dad is gonna whine about giving me that for Xmas. It's not so much fun to unwrap.

I know, I'm being difficult. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
yeah, spritie, that's what I meant! Also - aren't there times of year when you can get to, oh, I don't know, say the UK? for cheap?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
how about a digital camera box with a plane ticket voucher inside?

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
or you can ask them to go in with you on the purchase of a miniDV ... that way there'll be three of us in NY with them, and we can make some REALLY awesome videos!

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
i can remember seeing flights to NY from london frm as little as £150 in travel agents windows....granted you will prbably have a nasty flight and or be sitting next to a few chickens on your way but ah well, no need to be snobish ubbloco

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
send me a ticket to NY for christmas.

i want nothing for christmas other than to have a nice day with my best mate leigh, his missus and my ex girlfriend sarah it will be just like happy times, has to be better that the past two years christmases at the ex in laws.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: pk ....:™

i want nothing for christmas other than to have a nice day with my best mate leigh, his missus and my ex girlfriend sarah it will be just like happy times, has to be better that the past two years christmases at the ex in laws.

I don't see how that benefits the U.S. economy at all.

Commie.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Has anyone suggested a new crack pipe yet "homie"? tongue

Meh

Page: