Page:
nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ok here is my problem... i cant find anything else to learn with staff. i think i am going to double staffs next.
but my need is not satisfide with single staff yet but i have looked every where and i cant find any new moves ubbcrying

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Have you tried contact?

Its fun because its impossible.

Dont let all these people posting vids fool you. Their using wires.

I started doubles myself last week. Its a different way of thinking about it. I'm so used doing single staff that i find it very difficult to split my brain.

Right now im working on one beat parrell moves. Same direction, same timing. It seems to be the easiet group of moves to pick up for me. Once im used to the grip and my wrists are a bit more flexible i'll start other stuff

Love is the law.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i like doing bodey rolls with the staff roling down one arm up up the other and things like that but i want to find somthing that will make my eyes bulge out and go wow did that just happen!!!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Doubles Contact!!!

Should keep you busy for a year or two.

Have you looked in dentrassi's/mcp's threads for new moves. There is so much there i dont even know where to start myself.

What about throws.

I've collect all the throw moves i could find on the boards into one document. With alot of other stuff. I'll be posting the throw stuff (others have done a much more comprehensive job with contact) soon. Its really just an extended by the work don by DeepSoulSheep some time ago. that thread is still there.

[Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

Love is the law.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
thanx smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
This may sound really stupid, but...

Have you tried looking in "Staff Section" for ideas?

umm

I suppose thats why it is there.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
yeah i have but i know all those moves and have twisted them all to make new ones to

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
How long have you been spinning for?...

I may have mistaken you for someone that has been spinning under a year.

Cos if you are then I have a different answer.

smile

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i have been spinning for a lil over 3 years

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lynx to horizontal catch between shin and foot if u can do this i will buy a hat take it off and eat it smile

or alternatively lynx to foot fishtails

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i take your chalange!! smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
oh yeah,

i forgot ben and his foot fetish. smile

ben, i've been trying out some of this craziness. Just a foot helicopter throw so far, its fun though. What i need is a smooth horizontal foot catch? Any ideas?

maybe you could put some pointers in my own thread?

Love is the law.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
so i take it you are going into a foot stall and staring it back into a spining through has you tried transfering it to a palm spin??? from the foot spin into the spinning throw into the palm spin???

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yeah, thats it, i just dont know how to get to a footstall in the heli plane

Love is the law.

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ill play around tonight and try to figure it out for you bro smile do you know of any websites with realy realy advinced staff moves???

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
laughs
learn everything posted in the videos here:
[Old link]
then come back smile if you have any further questions ubblol
its availiable high res on DVD, well worth buying

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
wasnt working the link my computer says i have to down load some thing to see it

Frederick the RecklessBRONZE Member
Troupe Leader and founder, Fire and Steel
241 posts

Posted:
i like chaining contact moves together, like an across-the-triceps roll, then, without grabbing it (i.e. hooking it inside my elbow and shooting my arm across my body) sending it straight into a neckroll. done seamlessly, people inevitably do a doubletake.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
my favrote roll is down one arm up the other then down the back when you do it realy smooth it looks freaking wicked

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Try a running front hand-spring, only use just your staff on the ground.......... umm Well it's an idea outside the box........and my brother can do it. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i can do cartwheels with the staff smile and hand stands while doing a foot spin

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
afew more arobatic ideas:

contact staff cartwheel (the decription of the one i do far to long so i suggest making one up it's far more satisfiying that way)

foward roll under a high throw, i do this with the staff spinning horzontal and for abit more excitement try to catch the staff into a steve.

brake danceing move with the staff doing leg and foot contact, haven't really work on this one but there seems to be hundreds of variations around this idea.

hope this helps you overcome your blockage, the problem i have is finding a place to practise these move now that the glory of english winter is upon us rolleyes

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
break dancing wiht long hair OUCH!!!!!!

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Native, think of it this way, you are now standing on the shoulders of giants. Those giants had to invent the moves you learned. I charge you to now do the same, INVENT. Look into the threads on theory, even if it's poi. I've been told I spin poi like I'm spinning staff, so you can learn from poi too.
I've said it before, you are an artist, a painter with a full pallette of colors which are the different moves. Now paint a masterpiece. Make the end result greater than the sum of the parts. Move, dance flow. Take your emotion and put it into your performance like you would a song. Highs, lows, creschendo's and retards.

If after your performance, a stranger in your audience comes up to you with tears in there eyes and gives you a hug, you know you have created a masterpiece.

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
There are many reasons that people ask questions, and only one of them is to get the answer.......
ubbidea

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
sometimes it's to get people to close the window....

Is it cold in here glass?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Naaah Meg, I'm fairly sure its not that one.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
hmm sometimes people ask questions because they don't know the right question to ask. So they don't want the correct answer, just the right wrong one. or maybe...

hang on... i've just remembered i'm meant to be doing something else entirely.

i'll just quickly link to [Old link] and [Old link] and [Old link]
and someone will probably end up reading them and find something they like

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:

or to fofill i need... i crave... and without craving somthing you shall never achive it....

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Native, its really hard to know where your at - perhaps you could put a video online with a set of your stick twirling, and we might be able to make more constructive suggestions?

Josh.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i would love to. or you could go to the modesto radio station 106.7 to there web site amd check out the live link on the 13th and me and the troop i am with will be spinning fire there ill see if i can get the exact web address for you

Page: