Forums > Social Chat > Too many beats not enough rraaagghh

Login/Join to Participate

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
You hear for nearly everybody about music for there dancing. Techno this, d'nb that. Great music for dancing and spinning no argument there. No disrespect or anything, but I mean fire, we are burning stuff and spinning around the place. You would have expected metal to be more the scene,
Bombtrack cranked up to the nines, light up and go for it.Burn, burn yes your gonna burn. Napalm or even some of the older metalica is all music that none of us have listened to in ages. Or some not at all. But you can go wild, plenty of drops and builds to work your tricks around.Is there any other heads out there or am I floating around on this little chunk of space all on my lonesome.

"....theres a lady who knows if the stores are all closed she knows see can still call the hash taxi."

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Speak for yourself about twirling to Metallica. I love the way it goes fast and slow, especially Till it Sleeps. Never liked Napalm Death though even when I was a metal head.

Are we nearly there yet?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
A tear is brought to his eye, he is not alone, the universe suddenly seems much smaller for the young man sitting on his rock. Mind you have you tried spinning to Battery.

T.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
It's not all fast electronic music. I'll listen to and twirl to almost anything. As will many spinners. I've spun to metallica on countless occasions - some of the tracks are just soo moody and involving and commanding.........

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
true comments made, I agree that whatever music has good changes, a variety in pace and gets you locked in the flow of spinning the best is the way forward.

Has anyone else tried spinning to classical music? The Planets (Holtz) are actually amazing for spinning too, and you can pick your planet depending on what mood you are in.

So good point made lightwise, people should never let spinning be tied down by anything.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Noooo I have never spun to battery or any of the really early stuff it's far too hectic. The best day of my life so far was when I went to see metallica at Milton Keynes Bowl, mmm James Hetfield *Thistle gets far away dreamy look in her eyes*.

Lightwise be careful sitting on your lonely rock you'll get a cold bottom i am sending you a cushion by email

Are we nearly there yet?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was at Milton Keynes too Thistle. I got my nose broke there (although the jury is till out on whether it was actually broken or not).

I've spun to the Levellers, The Dubliners, Christy Moore, RATM, random tunes on Radio 1, Senser, Credits, Slayer. Anything with a bounce to it really. Never spun to Metallica though. But then I don't actually have any that's in a playable format.

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I love to twirl to Soulfly.. really great drumming build up in 'Tribe'....have also twirled to Sepultura 'Rattamahatta' that song rocks my world... As well as RATM, Nailbomb, Fear Factory, and of course TOOL... sigh.
skips off to twirl and enjoy some metal moments

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Cayshomember
9 posts

Posted:
Amorphis' Tuonela I found works nicely.
the lead singer's voice is a bit nasally (not as bad as it could be though).

Haven't tried Samael yet.

mmm black metal

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yay, great thread

Currently listening to a metallica album as I write

On a side note, Metallica would have to be one of the best bands I've ever seen live (as would the Pogues).

Bombtrack and any RaTM tunes are good to spin to.

Currently spinning to 'no leaf clover', Ministry's 'jesus built my hotrod' and plenty of ramones (not metal, but hey) and Lard's 'dr-ug raid at 4am'.

Any Deep Purple, Black Sabbath or Cream is cool too...

Good thread

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, ooh your poor nose. The reason they can't decide if was actually broken or not would be that you need to see a doctor about these things, juries are made up of random people from society who, quite often, have no medical training what so ever

I have a cringeworthy story from that day. After Metallica gig bf and I were feeling amourous so drove down a bridal path a couple of miles outside Milton Keynes. He drove the car into the ditch and we had to stay all night. In the morning we were having a roll in the wheat field when two rather well to do horse riders happened by . They went and shopped us to the farmer and we had to pay him £50 to tow the car out of ditch. Cringe...But it was still the best day of my life

Are we nearly there yet?

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I'm a big metaler. Spin to all kinds of stuff;
RATM
GODHEAD
SEPULTURA
DISTURBED
MARYLIN MANSON (even though I don't part.like him)
APARTMENT 26
INCUBUS
TOOL
SLAYER
CRADLE OF FILTH
SYSTEM OF A DOWN

....and so much more! But I do spin to a lot of Electronic stuff too. But it depends on the occasion and also the beat of the music. It has to have a certain drive, and sometimes some music can have too much, sometimes too little.

Ahhhhhhh! must spin!! *runs out to find her fire poi and some fuel* hehe

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Fire_Femmemember
6 posts

Posted:
One of my faves is Pitchshifter, sort of a cross between metal and dance. Also Curve. Anything that has a good beat but also has a crunchy edge to it.