tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
i had an idea a few days ago- are there any jumproping moves that would somehow work with poi? i havent been able to find any good sites, but it was just a fun thought...

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
there's always the crossovers behind the back , to the front and variations of that.. or setting fire to two skipping ropes and doing double dutch or single rope with poi or staves or sticks.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... I've seen jump ropes used as meteors before. I have some footage of it... will have to capture it some time. smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have a chain that is 10' in length...the 6 center feet are laced with wicking and set aflame. This I can jump singley. I have friends swing and I jump in the center while I am swinging poi. Any and all jump rope variations can be done this way. Including side swinging and partner jumping. I practice with a leather jump rope that has weighted handles.It adds a whole new dimension really.My best!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 08 March 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Whats jump rope? Skipping rope yes?wee you can buy them from https://www.fyrefli.co.uk/fyrerope.htm
peace outgarbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 08 March 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe: