meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
I got a friend to take video of me this afternoon, excuse the background noise, it was windy. here for beginner poi-ness

And if there is a name for the thing I'm doing at the end (where i screw it up) can someone tell me? I copied it from a guy at juggling club last night (only completely backwards).

I got my poi on 1st July, so 3 weeks of poi-ing biggrin

Comments please?

Lynne smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
The move you do at the end is a high turn. Theres an animation for it in the HoP lessons section.

Very good for three weeks too. Keep it up!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
WOW! Only three weeks! Did you twirl glowsticks before doing poi? You give me some hope for myself..I do staff & plan to start doing poi soon

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Nope, just poi smile

I first went to juggling club on 25th June, and picked up poi there for about 1/2 hour. Got enamoured and ordered my own. They arrived start of July, and since then i've been to juggling club every week. It helps a lot, because it's 2.5 hours of focus, with people who can tell you what you're doing wrong biggrin

Dorothy Gale

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Good video!! I wish I had recording equipment frown

Is the last thing "chasing the sun" I'm not to hot on terms but I think that could be it. Of course it could also be shoulder reels. smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Very nice smile You can do *everything* I can do with Poi and I've practiced on and off for a few months. . . definately keep it up smile

If you've learned that in a few weeks you've got a definate knack for it smile

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
i never really grasped the difference between chasing the sun and reels. Don't suppose it matters. Cool vid.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Thanks smile

I'm not sure ont he chasing the sun thing either, i just kow it looks quite pretty!

I really enjoy it. And i never thoguht i'd be able to do it. I watched a friend a few years ago who is a demon poier (Anybody know angstrom? Short, very long hair, also makes balloon animals) and just couldn't concenieve that i could do it....

*beams*

Dorothy Gale

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
lookin good

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.