Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I cant stand it.
People who lie [censored] me to tears...
I have had experiences lately of people who say one thing to your face and then say things behind your back...
what is that all about? do you think that they are making themselves feel better by bullshitting or by building themselves up by being untruthful....?
quite frankly people who are fake to your face are plastic and I wont be wasting any more of my time on them... mad2

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
I'm with you. I've had lies told about me and it's hurt more than anything in my life. People who lie mad2

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah i've had this melbourne twirler spread BS rumours about me being scary etc. but such lies only hurt if I let it! thankfully, the world does not belong to cynics, and I hope this person recognises the beauty they are missing out on in the world before life happens without them.
To reflect love back to such black souls is the only effective way to transmute them to ture friends, but it's obviously not the easiest role to take.
two words, their loss.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug The worst is when we lie to ourselves! Of course, you can always point to the sky and say, "Look at the flock of turtles!" Then when they do, punch them right in the back of the head!

N.B. This in no way implies violence towards turtles, tortoise, or terrapins!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Theres no defence against lies : frown

It really hurts when work thinks your lieing as well (it's a insult as i've been throught a bad event at work recently)

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
"The worst is when we lie to ourselves! Of course, you can always point to the sky and say, "Look at the flock of turtles!" Then when they do, punch them right in the back of the head! "

what a fab idea!! you totally crack me up patrick!!

I must admit this has also happened with one or two hoppers taking things I have said out of context and I have always made sure that I endeavour to clarify what I have said as well, because I have never had anything agasint any of the hoopers on the board..makes me sad the assumptions that have espically been made about my relationship with arsn.

but not just on the board, but also in the "real world" if there is such a thing.
the world just seems rife with it at the moment!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: Valura

makes me sad the assumptions that have espically been made about my relationship with arsn.!

I too have had this problem... but I swear our relationship is purely platonic!!! wink biggrin biggrin

hug hug hug hug

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
muahaha!!
"its just a mate helping out a mate" isnt it patrick?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
My boys recently pulled me up on the white lie idea. Cant remember the actual comment I had made but my boy asked why I was allowed to lie like that but they couldnt lie about what they had done.

Unfortunately its in many peoples nature including my own to gossip and make suppostitions about people. Its a not very attractive facet of human nature.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

6,978 posts

Posted:
lies made baby Jesus cry.
we lie because we're imperperfect beings.
but that's no reason why,
we can't do better in future dealings. peace

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
i cant say i haven’t lied in the past but really they have been white lies or during my school days to get out of trouble :P but saying stuff about people behind there back and saying and acting different to there face is something i cannot stand.

for example my best mate has this mate who at first seemed like a good bloke treated us like people and so forth, however a couple of months after meeting him my mate sees this guys true colours, he’s one of those guys that thinks his way is the right way and everyone else is weird if they don’t like it. he says some extreme stuff behind all of our backs saying how we are losers and goin no where, and he thinks time spent behind a computer gives people personality disorders or some crap. i mean im an apprentice sparky and this guy works 1 day a week at a club i mean how am i not going anywhere and he is :P

and all this being said the next day i could run into him and he'll be like hey whats up, then when i leave he’d bag me or my mate something major to whoever hes with

No room in this world for people like that i say

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
What if you lie to protect someone? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Because if you lie to protect someone and they somehow find out later (and they always do), it'll be even more crushing for them... been there, experienced that, not pleasant.

My most hated lies are the ones you want to believe... they start "Honestly, I'm not like those other guys"

umm

Getting to the other side smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I lied to my boyfriend..... and now we've broken up. Ive tried to blame everybody except myself - even him. And then eventually i just realised - its my own stupid fault, and now im on my own! Lying sucks! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
lying sucks....liars suck too. Sometimes you need to lie but then it's only a last possible option thing. Maybe to protect something/one but it should be avoided at all times. People who start deliberate lies to cause problems for others or to big themsleves up deserve spanking...hard and without mercy.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yep, tis not good... I much prefer people to be entirely honest with me (even if it hurts). It would be great if people respected and trusted each other enough to allow them to deal with whatever situation arose (unfortunately, most people don't do this).

I am always totally honest with people... not to be hurtful, but because I have enough faith and respect to let others deal with reality... also lying is far too much effort... it's tiring and you have to remember your lie, so I stopped all that years ago smile

Getting to the other side smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I used to lie when i was in high school a lot, lie to my mates, my parents and such.

I have realised that lying is not the way. I always try to tell the truth. Can't think of the last lie i told! Even if it hurts them at first, in the long run it is better to tell the truth.

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My favorite color is pink. ubbangel

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
its a part of human nature we dont like it but it is a survival instinct

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya, i hate liars as well. and i make a very conscience effort to not lie.

that being said, i'm also not a rude person. if i come in contact with someone i dislike, i'm not going to be a bitch. i will be polite and civil, but i'm not going to outright tell them i think they suck. if they ask me how i feel about them, i will tell them. but i find no reason to just outright lay that on them if it's not necessary. i won't pretend to be their best friend, but i won't be mean either. that's one of the only cases where i see it fitting to "lie"

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Written by:

If i come in contact with someone i dislike, i'm not going to be a bitch. i will be polite and civil, but i'm not going to outright tell them i think they suck.

Yeah its like if someone says "am I spotty" you don't say yes, but you don't exactly say no either.

Written by:

My most hated lies are the ones you want to believe... they start "Honestly, I'm not like those other guys"

Eeesh I hit the flip side of this badly quite recently. A girl I genuinely adore had bad experience with people in the past, and even though I know she reeeally likes me too, she won't believe I'm not like those other guys. Its hard being told by someone you love that you fancy/love other people. Speaking from the heart, and having it rejected as typical male BS.

I agree with Firepoise, how can people even bother to lie? I just don't have the concentration to spin out shit that isn't real. I'd rather take most consequences instead of carrying a load of ticking mental timebombs with me.

Davy

6,978 posts

Posted:
hypocrisy is dishonesty too, to be sure.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
well, in my social life, I try to be as truthful as possible at all times. But you know what, I have absolutely no qualms about lying to the authorities, governments, big brother, advertizng companies, polsters, or any other information gathering entity - mainly because I figure our lives are no business of theirs. Exceptions of course when I think there is some actual attempt at science going on, but I tend to be suspicious of those.

but lies ABOUT someone in particular are not acceptable. though it is always amazing to me the things people will come up with that they actually think are true despite there being no basis in reality for it.

And what Pounce said applies to me as well.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I dont agree with you bender.
I think that sometimes people dont even realise that they are being hypocrites, either that or something that they have said/done is taken out of context by someone who is judging them. So I dont think that hypcrisy is dishonesty

Im talking about people who just lie to cover the fact that they arnt the nice people that they are portraying.

Im gulity of lieing in the pst without a doubt. To my parents about the drugs I was taking, to my ex boyfriends about loving them, (I had no idea what love was, thanks to arsn I do now) but NEVER to people about how great they are and then backstab them...

I have had people slagging me my whole life and now it has become a strong dislike of mine. I will never be rude to them, but I hurt on the inside from their bullshit... thats what this is about...

6,978 posts

Posted:
lies and deception is never right but sometimes a necessary burden to help others.
I rate Absolute honesty, personal morality to be less important than the safety, happiness and wellbeing of my family, be they chosen (like valura! wink ) or otherwise.
When in doubt, i ask myself:
1. Am I doing unto others...?
2. do i have a cowbell?
3. why don't i have cowbell?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

would you like a cowbell? biggrin

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol nice cowbell!!! ubblol

big hug for you valura!! and one hug for vixen too!!

lying is bad...mmkay!

(sorry - severe lack of sleep...ubbloco)

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

6,978 posts

Posted:
I've got a fever.

RadzynSILVER Member
HoP Star Wars Aficionado
183 posts

Posted:
This is only partially on topic, but I gotta vent. Recently, I've started to date an old friend's ex. They've been broken up for three months, and This guy hasn't bothered to try and get into contact with me for three years. I've tried to get a hold of him, but he doesn't return calls or anything. Anyways, he harasses this girl constantly now, and he just recently started hanging out with a particularly large group of my friends, and has managed to convince them that I've somehow [censored] him over and am planning on coming after him. So now I've lost a damned good portion of very close friends because this kid is a damned convincing liar. We have to deal with these people on a day to day basis til we either manage to make it out of here for our Gapyear, or we transfer to the UK schools we've been looking at. I've not, until just recently, been so mad that I've actually seen in red. How can people wantonly destroy others' lives like this?

~Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
radzyn - that sux!! hopefully this guy will realise what a tool he is and leave you guys alone!! i'm crossing my fingers for you!! smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
I believe it can be a delicate balancing act sometimes between being truthful and being kind. I strive to use no lies at all. Even white lies especially in front of kids can set a bit of the wrong example. But i dont thik we should be dead blunt either. Like I said it can be an artform of verbal concentration to be kind and gentle without snapping other peoples concepts or illusions. We dont have to be like everyone but we dont need to be down right cows to them. I would much rather be miserable than caught in a relationship wiith someone whos only half sure. For anyone whos read my posts will understand this quote to its fullest.

I just think we should be honest upmost with ourselves and let petty people play petty games. As you said bender "To reflect love back to such black souls is the only effective way to transmute them to ture friends, but it's obviously not the easiest role to take."

Love and let live smile

Flame weavesmiley hug hug

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

Page: