jenEmember
11 posts

Posted:
If there is anyone at all who loves poi, and lives in Leeds UK please get in touch.
My friend and I have no-one to spin with and we are eager to put together a fire troupe.
I am performing at the LS6 festival in Hyde Park, but it would be much more effective if there are more of us.
Cheerz, Nice one!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
GoaFire (Matt) used to hang round here, he was in Leeds.

Whenever I've been to Leeds I've met a few spinners. They seem to hang out at Cabbage quite often.

You could always drop down to Sheffield for one of PK's Poi in the Park sessions. I'm sure you'd be most welcome.

jenEmember
11 posts

Posted:
Sounds pretty cool, it's no hassel to get to sheffield from here.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Thee is this guy who I think lives in Leeds called Jo Derry, but he isn't really such an interesting spinner so it may be a waste of time to contact him
bwahahahahaa
seriously though, Contact Jo (wish I could) make sure you go to Sheffield and meet with all those amazing spinners : Jo, PK, Kato, Noona, Cantus, Orange ...
Lucky you

And just so you don't worry, this thread might be moved to the proper section which is the "events and gathering" one. Don't worry about it, it won't hurt

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i'm in newcastle and might be popping down to leeds at some point soon. Not sure when, but feel free to email me about spinning in newkie. I think we're having a gathering at the end of this month

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, the Keep Jo Derry Down campaign in full swing I notice.

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
JenE, Jump on a train to Sheffield on Saturday afternoon (25th), It's Poi-in-the-park in Endcliffe Park.

Come or else...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
hey PHL9te, you coming to Headcharge at the end of the month? OS1 are playing
and
I can take you up on your poi spinning offer from last time now, as I can spin too. Not very good yet (ignore what people say it's all lies) but I've made a start methinks.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well when Riff raff came to play last time it was cool so the return match is bound to be good. I was referring to the Sheffield one otherwise I would've called it Soundclash (but you're not to know that).

I like your signature BTW.

Meh

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
HEYLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYONE

i ahvent left...just been way too busy working my ass off...grrrrrrr..but im free availalbe n looking damn sexy as usual...hahaha...i wish...

anyways..dom u coming up to leeds for the 4th birthday party at cabbaaaaaaaaaaaaage in september guess whos playing...ull never guess
EAT STATIC...hehe woohooooo i cant fucking wait
its gonna be the most amasing night
iuve been practicing my bollocks off with poi these alst couple of weeks cos its been sooo gorgeous... ive gotten a few more moves down that b 4 i just found impossible....so im a happy chappy now hehehehehe
yeah n jenny....come to cabbage....its gonna be fucking mental....

go here to find out details...

CABBAGE

i hope to see u there dom....tom ill see u there as well...we'll have a chat this time...lol was way too off my head last time i saw u in may...lol ive calmed the drugs down...evvvvvvvvvvver so slightly....shhh dont tell anyone....hahaha...

dom n tom n whoever else is going...email me on goafire@ntlworld.com

speak soon....

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

goafire...(matt)

[ 20 July 2002, 12:30: Message edited by: GoaFire ]