Forums > Social Chat > doing a research paper on poi...

Login/Join to Participate

dig_for_firemember
7 posts

Posted:
...well, it's not really a paper, more like a research proposal for this one class i'm taking: i don't actually have to do the research, i just need to state how i would go about doing it (including methodology, etc.)

so i've decided to make up an hypothesis about a direct link between poi and globalization; sort of how the Maori tradition has been utilized by youth activists worldwide (especially white, working and middle class) recently as a response to the effects of globalization, loss of identity among many people, and the general globalization of expression and folk art. so...i guess my question is...does anyone know any books or other references that might address this?? the fortunate thing is, i don't actually have to be right or wrong with what i'm hypothesizing...it's just a proposal!

thanks a lot...

~liz~

::Spatula City!::

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey dig

There is some interesting discussion here and I know Kyrian started a thread on the subject that had some interesting discussion. Just cain't find it right now Have a search & see what you can find, because there are some good ideas flaoting around.

Pele & Malcolm are good people to ask about poi history & I am sure you can find a few others.

Hope that helps

Roz

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dig_for_firemember
7 posts

Posted:
hi roz

thanks for the info...that definitely helps!! it's interesting to see the changes a particular art goes through among various people.

let's just hope i get my paper done in time before the semester's over!

~liz~

::Spatula City!::