Forums > Social Chat > Preview of Starwars episode 2 fight sequence?

Login/Join to Participate

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Malcolm smile - i don't know that much about Starwars or staff but i think that this fighting scene is quite bad!!! Thanx for the link anyway, do you know why does it say Summer 2000 at the end of the clip? Anyways i guess we'll wait and see how good the real thing is...i wish they used a Poi-like weapon instead of staffs every now and then though wink...oh well...happy swinging,Simos

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Just a head's up...that's from Episode One, Darth Maul died inthe end of Episode One, which came out summer 2000. I saw it three times frown with three sets of friends. Not much about the movie, imho, was good, including the fight scenes, alot of potential unused. But, it's still a place to start. Thanx Malcolm.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
OK, I'm not sure where that clip came from, but if George Lucas knew about it, he might be annoyed...or amused. For a home-made vid, it's pretty good, but Starwars it ain't.Lightpoi? That would be something to see in a fight.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Definitely a homemade (probly final year film students) movie.Just goes to show you how good home editing / composition software is becoming..I liked the atmospherics in the fight scene, although Darth Maul (in the real movie) is a much better fighter! smile)I think Poi moves could easily be adapted for use with twin swords (light sabers). That would be something to see...perhaps a project for me?Eh. Digital compositing is still a very time consuming process...unless of course you have really really good equipment and a team of skills compositors...then its only money smileJosh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I didnt actually download this one, but we had one floating round work for a while that i think is the saem thing....has a braveheart scene with them all carrying light sabres??

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -