AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi all,I just started swinging last week and I have all the butterfly moves down but I'm having serious amounts of trouble with the weave. Does anyone have any advice on learning this move beyond the instructions posted on the site?-=e=-

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I know how you feel, until a couple of days ago I couldn't do the weave either. But the main thing that helped me was practicing doing the movements on either hand over and over and over. Also, for some other advice form people, there is a topic called 'is it just me or is the weave hard to learn' which has a lot of helpful advice.

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
EpiK:I finally found a good way to coach newbies through getting the weave right: Endangered Sanity is right about the bulk of it..practice that "over, under, back" thing in each hand until you can't stand it anymore.When you get poi in both of your hands, spin forward in split time (split time means when one poi is down, the other is up). Get the simple crossover in split time going over and over again (I call this the 'half weave'). When you've got that going fairly reliably, try to note which hand is going on top.If your left hand is going on top, add a twist to your right side. When I say add a twist, I mean that when your arms are crossed, roll your right hand around to the top and then swing that right poi down to your left side.Does this make any sense?You might not immediately get the picture, but see if this description helps you fall into the flow of it.If, when you get into the half-weave, your right hand is going on top, add the twist to your left side.When you get the full weave going, you'll be able to tell because rather than having one hand go on top all the time, your hands will be taking turns being on top. Sexy, eh?Good luck! Let me know how it goes!Love,protie