Forums > Social Chat > the whole "b.t.b. weave" thing again....

Login/Join to Participate

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
Okay, i've got the b.t.b. weave down, but i can only go backwards if i go forwards first, then turn 180, i cant actually start off going backwards, any ideas???Also, some of you talk about going forwards by your sides and then going backwards b.t.b.to start the move. Does this imply turning round into the move or what, cant picture it somehow, think i need to see it. you know how it is...i think the problem may be the way i start the move. usually i'm going forwards (alternately) by my sides and then as my left poi goes up and forwards, my right (going down and back) begins to follow it to my left side.... is this normal, am i missing something blatently obvious???or am i just not practicing enough?? grin

Zoharmember
11 posts

Posted:
borob,first of all going backwards is more difficult than forwards, so you got a good start there!the way I do it is when I do the regular 3 beat weave forward, when both pois are on my left and the right poi is now comming back to the right, take it all the way around you while leaving the left poi for a full spin on your left. that's it. at that point you should be starting btb from the left side.(if you're left handed try the other way around).once you get it going smooth it's a vey nice transition.practice practice practice and enjoy.Z. [This message has been edited by Zohar (edited 13 February 2001).]

Zohar

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
thanks zohar, i'll try it later!Anyone got any other tips for 360 spinning weave btb???