Forums > Social Chat > I think she's coming around

Login/Join to Participate

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Some of you may remember that I bought 2 sets of Poi as a gift for my wife and I so we can have another cool thing to do together (like the rock climbing, hiking, backpacking and working around the house isn't enough already wink )Well, she didn't take to it quite as well as I did. In fact, I would have to say that my excitment and thrill with spinning is almost exactly matched by her LACK of excitment and thrill with spinning.Oh well, we had fun the few times we spun together. And it was an inexpensive adventure to try (and I'M still spinning and enjoying it). No harm done.Then, last night we're talking about this women's retreat that she's going on with her friends next weekend. Each woman is to give some sort of presentation of some sort of creative thing that they can teach each other. This year my wife is doing flower arranging.So we're talking about the retreat and she says "Ya know, Poi would be a real cool thing to teach at the retreat." I was, of course, stunned since I thought she didn't like spinning Poi. She doesn't think she's good enough to do anything by next weekend, but by next year spinning Poi might be a lot more fun than arranging flowers.So, I'm going to be supportive, without being pushy, to get her to play/practice this year so that next year we can make a dozen tennis ball practice Poi for her to bring to the retreat. I may have a poi spinning wife after all. (And knowing her, she'll be better than me at it without hardly trying) wink

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
ive always enjoyed spinning more than flower arranging (well ever since the horrible incident at "flower fest '99" blush shocked )

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Oh my gosh. You mean that time when the FlowerFest hired the Hells Angels as security and things got out of hand? Those were strange days. I remember it all started with some guy who had too much to drink and started ranting about how Lupins and Roses should NEVER be used in the same arrangement. Of course, that ticked off the South Central "Roses & Lupins" branch of the Hell's Angels and then the fights started.Of course, nobody realized that "Posies and Pansies" gang had infultrated the festival until their trademark gang sign of tiny teddy bears with pink T-Shirts started showing up in every arrangement. Then things really started to get nasty.Of course, there were some people who were just trying to cause problems. The "Betty Crocker Home Economics Teacher's Of America" started carving male genitalia out of the green flower foam and leaving them inserted in every arrangement that used Lilies. Sick bastards!Yeah, that festival really gave flower arranging a bad name. In fact, Woodstock New York and Burning Man have both turned down request to have Flower Fest '02 at their locations this year.Strange days, strange days indeed.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
ROFLDLP, Ajay ... you guys are supposed to "arrange" flowers... not smoke them winkI think it is great that your wife is sharing that passion.Sometimes one needs time to feel that our loved one's hobby can become something we want to do too... and sometimes it takes a little time.Anyway, happy for you two smileshine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 05 March 2002).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"