jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
First I want to start off with a counterclockwise figure-8 on the right side. Then on the upspin (thumb leading) bring up hand to shoulder. As the staff hits your shoulder release staff. If done correctly the staff will roll between your shoulderblades and end up on the other shoulder where you can catch with your left hand palm up, and your fingers pointing behind you. Remember that the part of the staff that you release will be the part that you catch. In this case you release the back end(the part that stems from the pinky).That moves takes a little practice. But after you perfect it you can roll into this next move.Holding the staff vertically in front of your left shoulder start a forward rotor. Instead of continuing with the rotor, with the back end of the staff(the part stemming from your pinky), roll between the shoulder blades and pass to right hand. Your right palm needs to face your back. Remember that you released with the frint end of the staff(the end steming from your thumb).Master these two moves together. They feel awkward together but they will flow. It feels like you are doing some crazy stuff behind your back. When you combine these two moves then you can move into the next move.With your right hand begin a helicopter spin. Instead of following through with the helicopter, cross your right hand to the left side of your neck. Release the staff and catch it with your left hand on the right side of your neck.These three moves combined is semi-dificult and will take a lot of practice to make it flow.I call the first move a Shoulderblade rollThe second is the btb shoulderbalde passlastly a neck wrap.After the neckwrap with your left hand you can change the plane fo rotation from helicopter to rotor and repeate the pattern leading off with the left hand instaid of the right. These are tough moves but look and feel awesome so good luck and be carefull. cool

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
jedi - the shoulder roll is nice, but if you find it a bit to relaxing try this twisted varient.start CCW figure-8 in the the LEFT hand, take your left hand behind, and bring it up behind your back into your right arm pit, turn shoulders a little to the rightLet go, the staff rolls up over the right shoulder, the next bit is a standard no hand shoulder roll. whill the roll happens turn shoulders to left, reach right hand behind and near left armpit and catch staff in right hand as it rolls off left shoulder.no problem, lots of GlovesGlassslow, contact, staff

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yoJedi. its devilish but i seen it, I got one like you btb shoulderblade roll but forwards. bit like nunckukas.humm all thease things to practice, a so cold outside.... glass.gonna get on that. definatly.x?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
thanx glass*as i release staff and it flies through my window*

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
glad you like it nix, A sweet variation on the neck wrap jedi described, is neck wrap with extra turn,Actually quite relaxing, and not at all twisted like the last one. in the middle of the wrap, when the staff is directly behind your neck, dip you head and shoulders slightly [as though your praying to the god of staff] and let the baby do an extra half helecopter on the back of your neck. take it out in the normal way.When this works go for full neck spin etc...(i would credit this move to steve [mushy pea] who is a kinda father of contact staff, he taught me this one)jedi, How doya think I got the name?Glass

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo peeps.Jedi, nailed the shoulderblade pass, not as hard as it sounds, would i be right to be placing the staff pointing downwards before the shoulderblade, on the scapula itself. from there it pivots on one wing then the other. right?glass, do you mean the stick has an extra half rotation on your back and then slides round the neck and caught in the normal way?Loveni?

-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Scapula. Now there's a word hat doesn't get into everyday conversation much.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, well, its got a nice rythum to itscap-u-laarr. hummmmmmmLng?

-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
gotta be carfull not to thump your 7th cervical wink (orhoweveryouspellit)Jedi man I still confused about the second trick, is it parralel to the body like the first one or at 90 degrees, up and over the back and caught over the right shoulder?x?

-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo glassnailed both thoes tricks today, cool as man, specially the neck wrap. cheers!x?

-><- Kallisti

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
Nix?:I really hope you meant 7th vertibrae. I'm pretty sure cervical has something to do with female genitalia(if you have a 7th you prolly should consult a doctor), and would likely be quite uncomfortable to hit with a staff. But if thats your thing wink

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
Nix?or maybe you did that on purpose, then I'm an idiot and welcome your flames.

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
cool, you learnt them way too quick.where is your scap-u-watzit anyway?glass

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yoglass, scapula is just the medical term for your shoulderblade.Poiwonder, the vertibre is divided up into regions cervical (orhoweveryouspellit) (pronounced cer-vI-cal), thorax, lumber, sacrel and the last that i cant remember. The 7th cervical(orhoweveryouspellit) is the one at the base of your neck that sticks up the most.what can I say, Ju-jitsu has its uses afterall.love and?

-><- Kallisti

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
'cervical' in medical terminology just means 'related to the neck'

the cervix [the specifically female one] is so-called because it's at the neck of the, uh

*blush*

smile

q

ture na sig

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
could you have possible found an older thread to bump? confused

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i like it tho

-><- Kallisti

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Heya Jedi!
I used to live in Houston, TX and didnt think there were any other contact staffers in TX. Now im in Florida, moving on to Delaware next. Wish i coulda found you sooner. But were hoping to end up back in Austin, sooner or later(would rather it be sooner as im a warm climate person myself). Anyway, have you been to the Enchanted Forest where the Austinites practice? Been to Burning Flipside? I havent been to EF, but been to BF twice. Talk to ya soon! Are you around any more, looks like your post was a few years ago if i got it right....lol!

Mayhem

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Glass,
YOU ROCK!! Your staff vid was the first that i saw on HOP and it has been a direct influence on my spinning. Wish i could get out to Europe to see all you nifty staffers. Hope to get to meet you at some point to see people like you, bluecat and meg work your magic up close. Im from Texas, currently in Florida and people are excited to see what contact staff i do, they would be amazed to see what you guys do. Thanx for the inspirations and keep up the good work! beerchug

Mayhem

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
biggrin
:blush:
(ps theres a plan for another short stick video in about 2 months ) bounce bounce2

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Sweet!! You ever get to the US? Not sure where i will be and now i found out tepookatoo is not together any more frown They were gonna be the closest thing i could get to being in europe for the time being.