fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Well its very risky.its also dagerous to you and your crowd.if you ask any pyrotechinitan that activates chemical fireballs that are coloured.Ask him how many dead birds has he seen die flying past from the smoke from the fireball?if a small amout of oxalic acid can kill a rat, just how much are you handling with out thick rubber gloves. and also think was abot the fumes and the smoke comming off the coloured flames.if you feel abit sick the next hour/day something aught to be telling you something.just a warningfireboy

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
No offence fireboy, but I don't understand the reasoning in this thread.This is a site where many people put fuel on wicks and spin them around. Others put fuel in their mouths and spray it out into said wick on fire.There are many dangerous things going on. The fact that a chemical is a little toxic is par for the course here.If you wish to post in the Technical Section about what chemicals make what colors that'd be cool. Then you could put in a disclaimer about the toxicity of it. It would fit and seem appropriate. This way seems a little preachy and out of place.btw, I'm pretty sure we've had colored flame discussions in the past. You're welcome to search around and post in those with your research findings.Thanks.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I moved this to technical because it is a more appropriate forum for this, I fee.I am also curious as to wher this little outburst came from. I am sure if you would explain it would make perfect sense fireboy.I understand the concern and appreciate the caring. Thank you.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
The toxicity of the fuels we use is much more relevant than the salts we use to color the flames. I agree with Pele... I'm not sure where this is coming from. If you are concerned about toxic chemicals, you picked the wrong hobby. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
In defense of fireboy, there are heaps of people out there who have never even considered that firedancing, coloured flames, chewing on abestos fibres is bad for you.Many green firebreathers I meet are stunned when i explain to them how much fuel the membranes inside their mouth can absorb. They seem to be of the opinion that if they don't swallow any (and completely unaware of trickling) then they haven't absorbed anything at all.Just because we know, doesn't mean everyone else knows, and Fireboy's message is an important one, regardless of the fact that it has been brought up often in the middle of other threads.I applaud your message, Fireboy.I think the other's are just a little confused at the delivery and appropriateness.Well, as usual, I think everyone is right... grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
i recently found a website that sells fuel to give of coloured flame, safe and easy. i asked them if they had tried kevlar, and if it would work on my poi. they haddent the foggiest wat i was on about. i dirrected them here, so ill keep you posted as to the out come. (unless they get to you first, in which case, remember that i sent them here! lol)

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
*Rahrr!!!*
Me Dinosaur Thread!!!
Fear My Awesome Bump!!!!
*!!!!Rahrr!!!!*