PeterBmember
20 posts

Posted:
Hello. I was thinking about buying a lighted poi (not fire but a battery operated unit). I see there is one on this web site, and know of a set that dube carries. Which is better? or which do you prefer? Thank you for your help,Peter

----------------------what is fire? Magic!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh you're in the wrong place to ask that question. But you carry on....Ignore me. Pretend i wasn't here------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
has anyboby tried using garden hose and a spray can with fluro paint. you should go to the 'shop' for all the best products young man. what is it you do cantus, you seem to be on the button/board an awful lot. no problems with your ranting, just interested

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey there!!Are you talking about what it known as beaming poi. You might want to do a search on them. They are pretty heavy though and they hurt a lot if you hit yourself with them. You could also do a search on how many people have injured them self while using them.Hey Cantus, weren't you ever taught that if you did have anything nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. Hmmm Guess I was never taught that either.Love and Light...------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hi there,I'm going to move you over to technical, but also recommend you do a search of the board on this topic.just type in Beaming Poi, all open forums and voila! a gazillion topics on said subject.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
your're abusing your power flashie, malcom! malcom flashies playing around with the screen

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Quickly, my tupence worth:I own some Beaming Poi, and went to Dube to try thier stuff. Beaming Poi are great, they're the right weight and the batteries have lasted quite a while. When I've taken these clubbing people have loved them. Only drawbacks: the lights are point sources, so the balls don't have an all over glow, but the effect is still good. Also, they're hard. Hitting other people or yourself is slightly painful, but ok if you're not spinning too fast! However it does make it funnier when a drunken idiot insists on borrowing them, then smack themselves in their most sensitive area! winkThe Dube light sticks were lighter and I prefer heavier Poi. Also batteries were the expensive kind, so might set you back a bit. They looked good though, Dube stuff all looks quite good quality, although their handles could be softer.Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I saw a guy here in adelaide with some glowing poi - they were actually crocheted hackeys (Guatemalan Nitesac's to be precise) attached to a big phat white shoelace. The sacks were crocheted in white and were UV reactive. The crochet also allowed the inner light to penetrate (oooh mystical!!). They come in red, green and blue and can be turned on/off and batteries can be replaced.Not too expensive either - they sell em here for about AUD$20-30Oh and cos they are Hackey's they aren't too hard - less pain smile[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 14 November 2001).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I'm making my own ones... 9V batteries, a switch in the hand that changes between red and green, and variable strobe speed dial... so you can change all this while spinning.I just need something to put them in so they don't crush as soon I hit them on something... I'm thinking padded plastic tubing or something...Trick is not to have the electronics on the end! Have them on a wrist strap and a wire going down the chain...And light poi are so much better! Less pain, more speed...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Itsgottab, I paint pictures. I'm currently doing a pretty picture for a fellow inhabitant of this board.Kat, what am I supposed to have done now? I'm fairly sure i was being nice. I was just saying that asking about comparing glowing poi on a site that makes one of said products may not be the best thing if a balance answer is required.Could be wrong tho. It happened once before.

Meh

PeterBmember
20 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your help, I think I have an idea what I want now.Peter

----------------------what is fire? Magic!

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
Bendy.. glowing poi? hackey sacks? sounds awesome.. know where i could get any info, or a way to get my hands on some in the U.S.?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
rex - all I know is that they are called Nitesacs - (The Guatemalan ones are crocheted, regular ones are just plastic/rubber I think). They are led lights powered by little button batteriesUm - They sell 'em at a small local shop here and I think you can get them mail order via Juggleart (got their site from the Australian sites at the other suppliers link

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
I do demo's for these guys, but believe me they rock. Go to www.clubgadgets.com and look under lights. There are a set of light's called Rav'n, what they do is while you spin them they change color. So in the middle of your show the lights are switching around. I have had pretty good luck with them, and have never broke one. They weigh a little more than 6" chem sticks, but are smaller, so they spin really fast, and because they have a hard plastic cover hurt like hell when you hit yourself. The only trick with them is not to lend them out because I always wind up forgetting to get them back. frown

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.