CulumeonBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
First of all, it is possible, right?
I did a search, but I didn´t find a clear answer to whether it is possible, without stopping a short moment each 360 degrees.

When I try, I always end up having to stop to do half a weave on the side to which I´m not turning, which destroys the flow of motion.

PS
And before you say I´m stupid (which I am) I admit I did not see the post at the link which is bound to end up below somewhere

Thanks
Meldon

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Yes,it is possible.I like to abuse that move occasionally.Nyx is the queen of the continous turning weave.

I had trouble learning it at first but one night I just focused on the motion of my hands and that was all there was to it.

Just make sure you are very efficient at both forward and reverse weave before you try continous.

Right now I'm trying to teach myself continous turning 3 beat butterfly weave.

Remember that just about everything is possible.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
3 beat butterfly weave.. nice move.. keep one arm crossed over when turning, try the old wall plane one too, i find that one easier for 3 beat splittime.

in response to the question, just follow the flow that your making, just turn with the leading hand as it crosses sides. turn left or right. when you get BTB weaves too you can do it there aswell.
good luck, be kewl.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm the king of the continuous turning weave. Yeah, it just takes some practice.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
3 beat butterfly weave sounds like a nice move....
How do you do it?
is it also possibble to do 5 beat BF weaves....(how do you do the wraps?)

I like Fire.. :)

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
me again...
working on BF moves lately .....so wonder what other moves you guy's are doing BF-wise...
horizontal and normal ...

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
me again...
working on BF moves lately .....so wonder what other moves you guy's are doing BF-wise...
horizontal and normal ...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Jackelero:
is it also possibble to do 5 beat BF weaves....(how do you do the wraps?)
yep, no problem - there are no wraps because when the poi are on the same side you are just doing a butterfly.

so you can do a 9 beat or a 15 beat butterfly weave if you like - it looks lovely and smoove with just three beats tho

continuous turning weave - for me, once i could do a fountain (or even just a forwards to reverse weave in the wall plane) i suddenly found i could turn @ any speed i liked. hey presto, continuous turning weave

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
there is a 5 beat TTN weave and the split time version too. me and tempest were working on the split at the weekend. but its a lot harder for me to do the split.
you can do 4 beat TTN with out a wrap. needs a vid to see it.
as a conventional TTN instead of moving the arm forward, you can let the poi carry on further befor it wraps ur arm, then push it forwards at the last min.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
may i add though, that a weave is a continuos flowing move from side to side. so butterfly weaves consist of:
2,3,4,5 same and split time butterfly/ TTN weaves.
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 same and split time weaves. 8,9 pushing luck!!! oh wraps and with out wraps on 6,7,8,9.
hope this clears up matters.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
never played with even beat bf weaves - i wanna go to sheffield

good lookin out pk

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm the Town Idiot of the continous turning weave. I do it way too much... it's just so dang fun!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
is this a public anouncment for NYC, roll up roll up, $1 a ride on the human merry-go-round. lol