Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > How in the hell i get the Between the leg moves withouth short strings??

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I mean those move are with short strings?? or with the normal size strings...if they are like that how in the hell you can do it?!?! i still can figure out how... thats impossible! if someone got a video of doing that would be cool if you upload it somewhere would help me a lot...

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Tis not impossible. When there between your legs you gotta bend over a lot and use you're wrists to spin them for a rotation behind you, most people simply go through the legs and then out and thats where they mess up. Try to get your arms as high as possible when there between your legs, don't be shy smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Phunky would be too much to you asking if you could made a video for me doing that shit? :/ i mean the basic idea... after i get the basic idea i will make the others stuff you named in the old topic with practice wink

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Nightshade: I really feel that you should strongly consider buying the COL 2 video. Alot of the quiestions you ask about moves might be answered on the video. I can think several people on the video doing between the leg moves. And other move quiestions you've posted in the past. It sounds like you know alot of moves already so I don't know how much the video, as a whole, is going to help. Plus then you can stop asking Malcom and others to post new video examples. grin ------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I don't have the means to put myself spinning on the net. Plus, i haven't really spun in a couple of months so i'm out of practice. I'm sure if you put some effort into it you could do it yourself. Visualize it. If you can do a btb butterfly you can do a btl butterfly. You're hands should roughly be in the same spot. Therefore, you can also turn a butterfly between yourlegs. Haven't actualy done it yet, but something i was working on before i stopped practicing.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Bend, push it through and pray! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Man i have tried but i dont know how thats why i asked you for a video or something :/i cant buy COL2 cause i dont ahve money.... really!! i dont! plus i gotta pay the shippping here and all that shit.. and its like 20 bucks more... frownI just need one video to get the stuff!! that how i have learn everything WATCHING not asking how to do it or anything i have learn by myself watching others... :/BTW on COL2 ppl does undertheleg moves?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
hey, save a dollar everyday for the next 40 days and you'll have enough cash. If you wanna learn that bad that is the price. Or just go out and try it out. If you work on something long enough you'll get it, trust me!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
It just that i dont know how to start... :/

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Why are you against shortening your strings? Do a butterfly, Wrap the strings around your hand, on the downswing guide your poi through your legs, which should be at least shoulder width apart. If the poi hit the floor, shorten them a bit more. If they hit you, change the angle, or bend into it more. Mine always seem to aim for my thigh. They will do a full rotation beetween the legs and then on the downswing in front, guide them back out again.I can honestly say I only remember Robert Michael doing much through the legs on COL2, and he also did it on COL1.If you don't have anything to watch then visualize it, and practice. If you practice everyday for the next two months you may find you don't *need* the video. ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well that i wanted to know...if they were with short strings or it was with large strings imean i didnt find a possible way to do it with long strings(if there is a way someone tell me)I dont like too much short strings cause i got full control of poi at long strings and i dont at short strings.. that is :/But i dont get this part... i remenber phunky saying before this move BTB weave going to a Btw the legs move... was that with short strings phunky or was with yer normal size of strings?Just got soo many question and i really dont know many ppl that does it here(i mean besides weave butterfly and easy moves) just like a few... :/[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 27 February 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I don't shorten my strings when i do between the legs moves.A hint for the future,when you're doing btl moves, [YOU] move infront/behind of the poi and not the other way around.To understand it more you gotta figure out some poi theory on how the poi are spinning both forwards and backwards at the sametime, depending on which side of the poi you're on.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
umm maybe i need someone to trasnlate me better the idea.. cause i dont know what you mean and thats why i dont know what to do.... :/or just buy the COL2(on chritmas cause no money)....or someone nice giving me a video of it tongue[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 28 February 2002).]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Phunky at least give me a hint... my hands should be in front of me both or one should be in front and other on the back between my legs???Cause the weave i did Between my legs was with my 2 hands in front of me the weave it seems like a circle of light going Between my legs tho... dunno if you get what imean ;O

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Why don't you just start with one poi. Ok then i'll put this in easy terms. - Swing forward with your left hand. - Make the poi go through your legs- before it goes on the upswing and hits your back, turn 180. - Turning either way will work.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I think i got i think i got it!! grin at the firts try grin (well with one had... gotta try with 2 now)Ok you mean this you pull yer poi BTL then Do a 180 turn to pull it out ?!?!?you dont have to swing them like thisIf it get between yer legs you dont have to swing them for example if it yer left leg and you swiming with yer ring hand you dont have to swing them to the right side of yer leg you just swing the poi to his left side BTL and then pull it out doing a 180 turn in the same side that is?!?!?!? :O im right?!?!?! phunky!?!?!If that is i guess the key was the turning i dont remenber you telling me that

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I put it in easy terms, turning 180 was an easy way to explain it. You DON'T have to turn 180 at all but, all you need to do is a little shuffle of your feet. When you find out that little shuffle of your feet is exactly like a 180 you'll hit yourself in the head for not seeing it before. Anyways, i'll let you fool around with that for a while, hope it opens some doors for you.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Thanks a lot phunky im still playing around with it... errr practicing like nuts ;o

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Okay phunky i have been practicing that..got these kind of stuff like rev butterfly BTL butterfly rev butterfly so on...err also saw how to take out the pois when im doing a BTL weave but ok there is something im missing....i cant do it with REV weave... dont find how i mean how the hell you can do it?? how you can having both hands on one side of the body then go to a BTl ? i mean you gotta cross one hand and pull fromt he back ? thats really hard if you ask me... how you do it???Also was thinking on making a butterlfy weave and then BTL butterfly tho but still dont have that skillz...OTher question how much did took you to learn and own this BTL moves?!??! [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 02 March 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
err, think about it for a second before i tell you. How are you going to aim the poi between you're legs when there going in reverse. you can't, but what you can do is quickly turn 180, put the poi between your legs from forward weave (or forward spinning), and then then do another 180 and you should be in reverse spinning, go to reverse weave. Actually, you can go between the legs from reverse weave but you have to enter the legs from behind not infront.Most of btl moves are just low turns that you step infront of so it looks like its harder than it is.It took me a couple of days to get btl moves concepts down, another couple of days of practice to get them at an efficient level. ------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Sniff thanks phunky makes me looks that i alredy know grinYou know i noticed yes you can do the reverse weave but thats pulling from the back the problem is that BOTH of hands gotta be on the same side pulling from the backi mean reverse spinning is way easier.. but going from a reverse weave pulling from with both hands ont he same side seems dunno really really really hard to me... you can do that reverse weave without doing that you said up?

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
//edit Darnit. That's what you get for not reading the whole post...Congrats on gettin' the one handed wink i'm still working on it[This message has been edited by Kinudin (edited 03 March 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
could you rephrase that nightshade i don't understand what you're asking?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Okay iwill put it simpleyou can do Reverse weave BTL weave to get into a Forward weave??? if you can how?Now i can do this forward weave BTL weave while im turning and Rev weave... thats easybut i stil dont find out how to do a rev weave to a BTL re weave to a Forward weave...cause i gotta pull both of my hand on one side of my body from the back(i guess i gotta be really really flexible for that...)[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 03 March 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Like i said before, from reverse spinning you can't go through you're legs infront because obviously they are spinning the wrong way. You can though to between your legs from behind and turn it so i comes to forward weave.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====