About the Nautical Star Fire Fan DesignBased on the design of the Nautical star as used and often seen on sea maps and sailors as tattoos, when they had to use the stars to navigate around the world.
The Nautical Star is used in the hope of providing good luck and direction on the high seas, luckily we have GPS satellite navigation now. But boats still get in trouble for other reasons so having extra luck is essential.
Wish your audience good luck and safe travels as you dance with these powerful and symbolic Fire Fans.
Fire Fan ContructionThese frames are made from hardened carbon steel after being fill welded and filed smooth around the handles. They then have an anti-rust treatment, followed by having a high-temperature powder coating applied.
Our large Fire Fans are
- Heavier, as they have more metal to make them larger and stronger.
- Wider and Longer to allow more technical Fan Dancing moves where you need the flames to be further away from your hands.
- Using a double ring handle because of the extra grip required to control the fans in all axis. The palm goes on the outside of the outer ring and you place a few fingers inside the inner ring.
- Designed with clearance around the ring which allows the fan to slide 90 degrees without having to open up the palm.
- Counter weighted using a larger diameter rod in the making of the handles. The off-centered balance point allows the star pattern in the frame to be isolated and not covered over by the hands.
The wicks are a Kevlar(R) mix, rolled over and above the tips of the stars, and then double stitched with pure Kevlar(R) thread. Instructions are provided on looking after your wicks so they can survive years of use. We sell kits so you can easily replace the wicks yourself.
DIY Fire FansWe also provide Fire Fan kits so you can actually make them yourself with all parts supplied (except a pair of scissors to cut the thread). Plus access to an easy to follow instructional video to put them together.
Looking for other designs?
Fan Dancing is also a great way of meeting new people by breaking down traditional barriers and creating interest to develop new friends and relationships. Plus, good luck and happy travels with this design.