NinlaSpinning around...
21 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I'm not an often guest here at this forum, but just I wanted to share my story hoping it might inspire someone and to thank this site and the people here smile

So, everything started when I was about 12 and saw a local fire show - I made myself something like a set of poi (actually, I didn't know what poi was then, so they weighed like 250g each :D) and started inventing moves. Eventually I figured out what it was that I was doing, found this site and soon I got my first Home of Poi's LED poi for my birthday (I live in Lithuania, so getting those awesome things from the other side of the world was a big thing for me smile ). Soon after that I started doing shows for my family, my friends, my school and even at city's events. And I gotta tell you, before that I was SCARED of stage. I'm thankful to this art for helping me fully overcome this fright.

But that's just the beginning. At one event, I made a show consisting of me singing and then playing poi. That was the start of my musical career. I got an offer to be the vocalist of one local teenage band. As you could expect, we didn't last long, but I continued chasing my dream - music. Since then I've changed a few bands, tried to create my own, but one day I found what I was searching for all along. A band called Days of Eclipse offered me to come to their audition. And now I can surely say - nothing is impossible. At first they wanted a male vocalist, I was only 16 (still am, until the 5th of January), they were much older than me and wanted an experienced singer, there were many great competitors, but I made it. I've found amazing musicians and great friends in this band, done a few memorable shows and now I'm preparing for recording sessions. You can check us out here - https://www.facebook.com/daysofeclipse
(I would be more than grateful for every like wink ), https://www.daysofeclipse.com/
Here are a few of my favorite songs, if interested (though the vocals are not mine):

I'm as happy as I could be, and I gotta say, it is here, where it all started, thanks smile Poi changes lives ;D