Forums > Introductions > It's an exciting world out here...

Login/Join to Participate

SuperGnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,

I've just come back to England from travelling around Aus this winter, where I was introduced to the dazzling world of fire twirling! I haven't tried it yet, I can't even find a good broomstick.

Now I'm back in London I would love to get started with my staff twirling life, but have absolutely no idea how. Are there some classes I can go to, and people to meet with?

Happy spinning people cool

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
try this link first

[Old link]

then this one
[Old link]

welcome to HOP

because this is a very large community that has been going for a while, a large majority of subjects have been talked about, so before starting new threads please use the search function

have fun

biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hiya!
Welcome to HoP, and well done for getting involved in fire spinning biggrin

Did you enjoy Australia? I got back not long ago too, and I'm missing the weather, to say the least..

I'm sure there'll be a few meets around London- personally, I'd go for random meets, rather than organised classes- there's generally a bigger mix of skills, so you can watch and learn what you like, rather than someone telling you 'this is the next thing you do'.. And generally people are friendly and happy to teach you what you want, if you ask nice enough wink

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by :hamamelis

I'm sure there'll be a few meets around London- personally, I'd go for random meets, rather than organised classes-

or the inbetween, the organised meets which arent classes

theres quite a few meets around london, i know of 3 indoor weekly spins

SuperGnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Oh go on then, let's kill some time:

Name: Graham

Hometown: Gloucester

Birthday (sign?): April, Aries

Sex: Boy

Occupation(s): Morning accountant

Favorite Food(s): Thai, Carveries, Fish & Chips

Favorite Color(s): Erm?

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow?: [censored], is this something off Monty Python? I dunno.

Toys: What?! Erm, a Wii

Hobbies other than the obvious: Photography, Pool, Jujitsu, Astronomy, Chess, Cricket

Education: What a boring question!

Favorite Book(s): Brazo Two Zero by Andy McNab and Marching Powder by Rusty Young.

Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings and Matrix trilogies

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? Star Wars clearly, it's in the bloody name. Godzilla isn't as big or powerful as a star is it?

Favorite TV show(s): Dexter, 24, Lost

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up): Have fun, spend as much time doing things I want to do rather than working for somebody else. Some day own my own pool club named "Sharkies"

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews Band, Dire Straites, Tom McRae, Ocean Colour Scene

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big?: "No", you should be saying that before they've finished the sentance.

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): Cookie dough

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?* Nutella definitely, though there are better chocolate spreads out there.

[*Please choose one. This is important as it is the site's equivalent to sating a religion. We have crusades, wars, mass conversions, cathedrals to Nutella, all that stuff.]

SuperGnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
 Written by :hamamelis

theres quite a few meets around london, i know of 3 indoor weekly spins

Alright, I've completed your psychedelic questionnaire mind games and I'll now start searching through these forums for answers to the questions.

However could you give me a leg-up and tell me about these indoor weekly spins? Sounds purrfect.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

i know theres a meet at synergy centre on fridays aswell, and another one at a hotel in greenwich. although i dont have a link for that one at the mo

SuperGnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
That's great, thanks very much matey. Tuesdays aren't too good for me, but Fridays sound perfect and I'll be in touch with Alex real soon about it. Exactly what I'm after!

Would be extra outstanding if anybody had any information about the hotel in Greenwich too?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i dont have a link for it here, but can get the link through facebook, but im at work so cant go on facebook here

SuperGnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Great, I'm sure I can wait a few hours before I get started!

Thanks for all your help, good forum thus far!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18392323000
Wednesday Spinning - Greenwich, London