Forums > Social Chat > tell me your love for poi

Login/Join to Participate

elementsmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone.

I absolutly love to spin the staff and i am sure that my feeling is the same for everyone out there using their own fire toy. So i would really like to hear why you spin fire or use any of the fire equipment to get that great feeling. Or if any one wouldn't mind sharing a amazing story they have experienced doing poi.

Cheers

every snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty

RoGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
It'll sound kinda lame but I think I was
interested in a girl that did firespinning, more than the firespinning itself. I thought to myself:

"Gee, She's really cool when she does that, maybe I'll do that to so I can get to know her better"

of course I never did wind up with her, only as a friend... But spinning grew on me, and I guess now I could say spin because it's a learning experiance. I try to find new things on spinning (everything and anything) so maybe one day I can become enlightened or something!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i love my staff so much i set it on fire and throw it around heaps. just like with my cat...
please don't quote me on that

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bender™:
i love my staff so much i set it on fire and throw it around heaps. just like with my cat...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i hate poi

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Words can't express my love for poi.

What inspired me to poi: on mushrooms at the Big Green Gathering 1996 (I was 15) I stared at an amazing twirler for about an hour on the Village Green - I was transfixed & fell in love and thought "I want to BE HER" - when I realised I can be myself and be LIKE her I was addicted! It looks so much harder than it is when you've never tried it doesn't it?

Best poi experience - Sunrise 2002 New Years Day, spinning a staff, again tripping but this time in a friend's field in Essex - frost glistening all over everywhere, amazing sky all colours of the spectrum, paraffin freezing when I dipped my staff and having to hold it over the fire to thaw it but spinning 'til 7am despite the cold. It was magical
Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny