Page:
LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
So Glade is coming around again, who's going?

I'll probably be there again, must remember to bring parasol this year after almost melting last time!

Tickets go on sale on the 14th of April at 6pm, and you can check out all the info for the festie here: Glade Festival

and a good forum for wosson here:
GladTalk

Maybe see some of you there smile

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Right... Rosie's been ill lately so it's just me now. If anyone needs a Glade ticket, drop me a PM asap cos I've got one going spare. Aslo, if anyone's heading over from London or Surrey with sapce in the car, I'd love to hear from you! smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
I really need to sell this ticket and sort out the name transfer tommorrow. Will consider £100 for it or offers, otherwise it'll be going to waste... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Yay! Sold it to someone who needed to celebrate his Birthday with all his mates that will be there! It's all good... biggrin

As usual the line up is properly mouthwatering. I really can't wait!

Here's the people I'm going to try and see:

Allaby
AMD
Vibrasphere
Zen mechanics
Flip Flop
Green Nuns of the Revloution
Moode Deluxe
Naugal Sound Experiment
Eat Static
Cosmosis
Flowjob
Atmos
OOOD
Hybrid
System 7
Adam Freeland
Dreadzone
Commercial Hippies
Plump DJ's
Telepathic
Transwave
Yootopia
Tripswitch
Gaudi
Richie Hawtin
Younger Brother
Babyhead
Solar Fields

So I'm probably going to spend the entire weekend caught between the Origin, Liquid and ID Spiral with occasional foray's into the Breakday and Glade stages. Anything could happen once we get there though, and there's going to be plenty of other distractions this year...

Bring it on!

https://www.gladefestival.com/

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hmm, i have a feeling im going to spending quite a bit of time in the overkill tent... ubbloco

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
I'll come and visit you for 5mins of extreme noise every day then... ubbloco

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
You guys had better be visiting the SuperStar Circus stage also.
Thats where were doing all the street shows, FireShows and cabarets. Im compeering the Fireshows on Fr and Sat nights and doing street and Cabaret shows I think - hopefully find a bit of time for a boogey also!!
PM sent D-a-* - Glad you sold the ticket
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
For sure... I'm open to suggestions really. With all the other stuff going on if I can see 5 people on that list I'll probably be doing well...

bounce

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OOOH I am so gutted for you all down there in the floods. Mr Chutney posted this

Written by: Mr_Chutney

Glade was abandoned after several cars began to float around the car park apparently.

I have just got home (8.20am UK time) having been stranded about 5 miles from where I work (about 30 from home). I managed to make it to a pub in a village and was then fortunate to be put up in a village hall with blankets, toilets and coffee. Thankfully I am now home- I hope other hoppers are OK - its not nice out there.

Imagine the outdoor circus venue was abandoned pretty quick frown
Let us know how you are going!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well I just got a text saying that it was mud soup but the fire show still went on! WOOOT for troupers!

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Hooray for hardcore dedicated fire-performers!!

Yeah! Despite the rain and the floods and rivers running through the site, some tents being closed down, people getting trapped off-site, all outside cabaret cancelled on friday's circus stage, and just general chaos... by 2am we still managed to get the KICKASS ALL STAR GLADE FIRESHOW on the stage!! ubbrollsmile and again on the saturday night!! biggrin

Hooray for obsessively dedicated performers!! ... and I gotta say it was one of the best fire shows I've ever been a part of biggrin, here's the run-down:

Compere crowd foreplay
7-person Flame Oz "Crouching (tiger hidden dragon)" club swinging
Ambient lit partner acrobalance
MC XANDER kickass beatboxing
3-girl hoop choreo (backing by MC Xander)
(diving through a hoop tunnel, enters on stage...)
Acro-Flo!! (Florian Berger, acrobatics and breakdance with MC Xander)
Compere crowd intercourse wink
Ambient lit crystals by the Fluid Druid
Jam poi! sassy girls poi duo
Spin Psycle (gaylord flameoz stick routine)
Danger Danger (Dave and Gracie flame oz doubles routine)
Ropes Finale
Compere crowd titilation
Pyros extra finale!!!

yeah baby! Fantastic energy, stunning routines, and a lot of crotch thrusts wink

Then, yes, the outside circus stage even managed to open up for daytime cabaret on the saturday. Rock on!

fooking great fun, great crew, great energy despite glasto-esque conditions!!

bounce2 bounce

hugs
Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hear Hear - I 2nd the 'one of the best FireShows' quote - and darlin that really is saying somthing coming from you - you FireHoar!!
I managed to get back today - without even having to resort to a tractor.
I think I was the only one! - I took down a piece of fencing.
It was....well....normal it seems this year.
I just hope Duncs got inflatable tents. Bring on PLAY.........
I think!!
Respekt to the SuperStarCircus People for braving the conditions and rocking the place

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hey hey..

The show did indeed rock. I enjoyed watching it very much.

I had a good bounce to lots of good music, got muddy and generally had great time!!

Apart from getting home!!

8 hours... 8 whole hours standing a queue, in the rain, to get a tractor to get Oli's car out the mud!

Although after seeing the news about flooding everywhere else- we got off lightly!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Glad you liked the show. Not that I did much other than turn up a few hours before and then pump the crowd....minaly cuz I wasnt invited!!!!LOL
Yeah - I rekon it was a great show and also that we as Gladians did indeed get off relatively lightly. As much mud as we had to deal with - at least we can put all our clothes in the Washing machine and dry out our tent in a day!! All those 10000's of people who's homes were flooded and are without water and electricity....they need to get to a festival - theres Generators and running taps there.
PS - I am not belittling the plight of those who's homes are underwater. So before anyone tells me im a wa+*ker - im just making a joke...Oh thats the other thread sorry!!!
Oh and incidently I am a wa+&ker

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
8 hours for a tractor!!! Eek! We left while the music was still going, a few minnutes before 8pm and got a tractor straight away. Anyone else have to contend with an odd baked mud smell coming from the underside thier car all the way home? Just hope it'll start when we try to get to Play tomorrow!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey did anyone see Kyle there?
big dry HUGS to you all ubbrollsmile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
fun in the mud wink

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: elasta

Hooray for obsessively dedicated performers!! ... and I gotta say it was one of the best fire shows I've ever been a part of biggrin, here's the run-down:

Compere crowd foreplay
7-person Flame Oz "Crouching (tiger hidden dragon)" club swinging
Ambient lit partner acrobalance
MC XANDER kickass beatboxing
3-girl hoop choreo (backing by MC Xander)
(diving through a hoop tunnel, enters on stage...)
Acro-Flo!! (Florian Berger, acrobatics and breakdance with MC Xander)
Compere crowd intercourse wink
Ambient lit crystals by the Fluid Druid
Jam poi! sassy girls poi duo
Spin Psycle (gaylord flameoz stick routine)
Danger Danger (Dave and Gracie flame oz doubles routine)
Ropes Finale
Compere crowd titilation
Pyros extra finale!!!

yeah baby! Fantastic energy, stunning routines, and a lot of crotch thrusts wink

sounds absolutely top shelf, matey! with or without the heavens dumping all that water.
fantastic outcome! maybe it picked up some soggy spirits at Glade! (been getting reviews from a friend who was there and it sounds... submerged.)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Like Ravehead there were so many people just standing around cheering other people get stuck in the mud. ubblol All I can say is horaay for getting the bus/train and a gazeebo that never blew over. I still survived the whole thing without wellies and never fell over once. Much respect for everyone that waded through the water apocalypse to reach the relatively dry festie and everyone who was stewarding during the rain.

Also horaay for the fireshow which rocked on Fri night once Flame Oz finally got round to it. The slackers had some sort of excuse about flooding and closed motorways... rolleyes

As for the music, it was phat as ususal. Despite getting stuck in the mud by trance stages for most of the weekend, I did make it into the overkill tent and Glade stage quite a bit too. I saw about 7 off my planned list but lots of other good things too.
Favourite bits: bounce
Origin on Shrooms with Bristol peeps
Fireshow on Friday
Squashing under the Glade stage canopy as the heaven opened again on Sat
Rastaliens in the Liquid on Sat night
Gurnographs at Sunrise on Sunday
Origin in the sun on Sun
Renegade sound systems after music shut down
Fishing with names in the ID Spiral on Sun night

Photos online here including gurnographs
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9068535@N04/sets/72157601099416598/

biggrin ubbloco grouphug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My pics - not many though

https://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z229/pink-masmajou/Glade%2007/

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Page: