Page:
_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
So as Laurel so gracefully wrote in her email to me, we've finally pulled our fingers out of our arses and got the meets up and running again.

Same place as last year, in Alexandra park, which those of you who have been there before - will agree its a very pretty place to be.

There is a café, public toilets open until 6.30 and and boating lake.

Unfortunatly Hastings and Rother park rangers tell us we can't spin fire in the park, so when the time comes we walk the 3/4 of a mile to the beach. Usually pit stopping at the Pig in Paradise pub which has reasonably priced good food. And like...beer on tap and everything biggrin

On the 21st of May we shall meet from 2 onwards on the large bit of grass inside the main entrance. You can't miss it. Theres a large white war memorial to the left of the field and a boating lake just yonder.

It's actually impossible to find a map of Hastings which includes the station, and the park. When Laurel has told me directions I'll stick them on here.

I don't remember road names. I don't need too. My feet work out the exact angle of the hill I'm walking up/down and I can tell exactly where I am....in relation to the hills.

Hastings is hilly.

Anyway, it's a really easy route from station to the park, and I'll get directions up on here soon smile

About the park

Hastings taxi's

Please note. Hastings isn't always the prettiest place. People can be rude, and hurty with knifes and things (really making you guys wanna come here ey? wink )

We don't live in a ghetto, but this place dosn't exactly have the friendliest chavs/immigrants/drunks wink

If you are comming alone, please alert a Hastinger. My mobile number is available by request and I am more than willing to come meet you should you arrive by train. Especially if you are arriving when its dark.

As per usual all skill levels, ages, races welcome.

Hope to see some familier faces on May 21st! biggrin

(notage: If people wish to come on the saturday from afar, I'm sure I can rustle up some floor space at my dads house..or even mums if shes feeling special as its closer biggrin Give me a buzz and I'll see what I can do. Also notage: I'm not sure how many spinners will be around on the saturday. I will be after work, but I can do some rustling of the hastingers and once again, I'll see what I can do smile )

hug

Miss Aimz xx

(here are the dates for the next few months)

May 21st

June 4th

June 18th

July 2nd

July 16th

August 6th

August 20th

September 3rd *September dates onwards subject to change*

September 17th

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1147110587)

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
its because everyone is revising aimee my love...there will be more people when the sun comes out and dries up all the exams. until then, we wait.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
today from 4 at the paaaaark. the we are relocaaaaaating to somewhere legal for fire smile but that is a place we dont know yet.

lucy_janeBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
hastings spinners yay!
when do the meets start up again?
realy wanna go!!!!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't have anything nice to do on sundays atm...
Lets have a spin!

Not sure how many others I can rustle up, but I'll come down for a little spinnage if you want?

smile

lucy_janeBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
yeah that would be good, ill bring duncan along and he can actually spin for once,and my new freind i got to start spinning! yay!!
i cant do this sunday though, hoping to go to clapham even if its not on im gonna spin wiv some friends up there!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*bumpity bump*

See main page for updates smile
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1147110676)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'll be around at some point...

Willing to teach stuff... biggrin

Don't think I'll be able to make the 21st, though... Maybe next time...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I\'ll be around for the 21st, I hope. smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Ace smile

OK, so we have a frd for the 21st. Anybody else?

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
No can poo... frown Its my birthday biggrin

And I already have plans... sowwy frown

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i will most likely comatose... i finish my exams on the 19th and intend to get thourghly wrecked

which will mean ill either be hung over on the sunday or very worse for wear etc

if i happen to be upright and packed up etc (ill prob be heading home on the monday) i may mosey on down - just depends

back

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
I shall likely be back on the 20th so I shall appear with bounce juggling balls to chase after stupidly in the park. I don't think Matt's around to teach me to use them though so maybe i'll just try learning staff...i've had the fire staff for long enough its getting embarrasing now. (Plus i'll have to learn hyperloops if I poi)

Unlike Asena my birthday is the day after, good timing I think though I don't intend to do anything on the actual day anyway.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Pff its not Asena's Birthday, its MY birthday!!! muahahaha

i dont think im gonna be able to make it, i start my new job like the week before :S

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
uhhhh My birthday..... tongue

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
boys and girls.....
please don't concentrate on the first spin - there are lots of others over the summer (dates on first post). and i demand that you attend at least one. the end.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Bugger.

This clashes with firegathering.

*whinge*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
I need more people to start learning staff from, don't make me bribe Aimee to make you choose Hastings.

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I suppose I should show my ugly face on this thread and poke pointy sticks at who ever needs a poke.

so, ummmm...yeah.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Colin!! Check your pms on .org! ANd sign into MSN ya git!! wink Dial up or no, you can still chat... smile

Also, see you soon!!

biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Ho hum.

I don't have enough cash for firegathering, so I'll be ther for the 21st smile

shroomoSILVER Member
16 posts
Location: South London/Brighton (Surrey/Sussex), United King...

Posted:
Hey guys! I want to come and see you all as it's not far from me, but I just bought a new car and I give every penny i earn to Mr Finance, so forgive me for being slightly paranoid about parking in Hastings but anyone know of a nice safe place to park!? As lovely as Hastings is, i have worked in the A+E there!
Hopefuly see you all there!
take care xxxxxx

[INSERT HALF DECENT SIGNATURE HERE]

Firefly88BRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
i am considering coming also.... methinks we should have a convoy of cars then we can park all our shitty ones round your nice one. add some bubble wrap and cotton wool and you're good to go. biggrin
are there sandiwches involved... i havent read the whole thread but i get the feeling there are...?*mind boggles at the prospect of sandwiches*
ubblove

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Sandwhiches, cakes, and other picnicy things will all be there biggrin

shroomoSILVER Member
16 posts
Location: South London/Brighton (Surrey/Sussex), United King...

Posted:
I can bring some crappy speakers and an MP3! Any music requests? I have lots of random stuff from leftfield to beach boys!! (sixties summer classics!) lots of Less than jake (if anyone knows them) and other random genres. If anyone has some decent portable speakers cos mine are a bit poo! WOOOP WOOOP! im all hyped up! im doing some overtime at the moment in Crawley hospital on reception, everyones moaning at me cos it's all my fault there is a 3hr waiting time! OH WELL! as long as i have my fag breaks i will survive! Sorry for ranting, im kinda bored, i'll stop now.
ubblol tongue angel peace

[INSERT HALF DECENT SIGNATURE HERE]

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
The first one should be the best one, simply because if I manage to get a job I might miss the rest frown

10,530 posts

Posted:
Buggrit.

Gots me a gig on the 21st. Piss it.

I'll be there for the sunday though! biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i may actually make the sunday afterall

back

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Its tomorrow guys!
Anymore takers?