BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hello, any Oxford spinners out there?? I'm gonna be at Brookes from September and would love to meet spinny juggly peoples. Also someone who spins staff to help me learn lots biggrin

I know this thread is a bit premature as its another 6 months til i go to uni, but im *hopefully* fingers crossed going to be working in France for the next 4 months so i just wanted to get the ball rolling ubbrollsmile

hug
Beth x

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Heya Beth,

I live near Oxford, so does Stroo and Helena, the Oxford poi site doesnt get updated that regularly but its www.enjoypoi.co.uk hope thats some help!

Vix xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
did you say you want to learn staff! i will give you some pointers if you like but don't expect me to be that good!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Im not from Oxford, but I know a couple of people who are in the "Stunt Factory" and they are always playing with fire....you should look into it. Ill try and get some info on contact stuff for you. Im going to Oxford in April, and im only to happy to show you some staff (ive been spinning staff for over 5 yrs now...)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

HeluertoGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
Hello

Firstly - what is the Stunt Factory?

Secondly - there is a gathering this Saturday at South Park in Oxford starting at 6pm then into the darkness. as vixen says info can be found at www.enjoypoi.co.uk forum.

Hx

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
France? - Thought you were in Norway or something - you do get about Beth.

Well if I end up teaching in Oxford I'll get you to teach me some more whip catches

See you in Falmouth hun hug

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I spent february in norway smile and i find out tomorrow if i get the job in france, i reeeeeally want it!

I'm gonna have to learn some more whip catches for september then biggrin

Thanks guys, it seems like theres a nice little community in oxford, cant wait to be a part of it! Are there regular gatherings?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
im an oxford person too but only in the holidays cos im at uni in portsmouth! keep going home at weekends for some home cooking tho lol smile

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I did get the job in France so i'll be leaving just after Falmouth 3 biggrin yay!

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
Ooh im an oxford lass! Most probably going on sat too! Well up for meeting when you do eventually move too:) Hmm, enjoypoi isnt working on my comp at the mo? dont know if its just my comp thats being silly...?

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Nope enjoypoi is bust for me too frown

I'll pop down on saturday too smile

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

strooSILVER Member
799 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

Thanks guys, it seems like theres a nice little community in oxford, cant wait to be a part of it! Are there regular gatherings?

There isn't as yet (unless you guys arent telling me something:P) but i'd be well up for setting one up? Anyone?

119 posts

Posted:
I'll help, dunno how wink

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
might be there...vixen's work getting in the way tho!!

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
i will be there, i can give lifts to anyone from the swindon way! tess if you want to go, i need someone to guide me to the best place to park and stuff!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

HeluertoGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
I'm not having any probs with the enjoypoi site?? But thought I'd update you if you all still are. The meet up is starting at 6pm and going on into the night. In South Park at the top of the hill somewhere in the middle. We'll be the ones with the poi! :o) Bring anyone and everyone!!!!

Hx

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
im really sorry but i wont be able to make this 2moro night, i start work at 7 so unless anyone wants to play in the day then i guess i will just have to meet you all next time! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

strooSILVER Member
799 posts

Posted:
ararrgh! i didnt go! a friend dropped round last minute! sorrryyyyy! next time i promise. double promise. was it good..?

119 posts

Posted:
About five people in all but it was a good laugh, I've stretched all those muscles that got out of practice over xmas smile

And loads of kids came and watched and Heluerto gave then loads of multicoloured glowing poi-like thingys, bless her smile

strooSILVER Member
799 posts

Posted:
teehee cool! As I said, sorry i didnt make it:) il def be at the next one! Was the owner of the enjoypoi shop thingy there out of interest?

HeluertoGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
6 people there, was most enjoyable!

Okay - www.enjoypoi.co.uk appears to work for everyone except those people who connect via ntl - any chance you can make a complaint to ntl if this applies to you :o)

As for regular meet ups. The plan is for the 2nd weekend of every month - would this suit most people? The next question is would you prefer the Saturday or the Sunday? Vixen - when is it you are working? is it just the Saturdays? As for a time, I guess about half our before sunset roughly - we could confirm times just before each meet if that was okay with everyone?

Hx

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
hmmm i think im gona have to say Sunday.
How late did it go on for? x

strooSILVER Member
799 posts

Posted:
im fine for whenever, but yeah the 2nd weekend of every moth is good for me?

119 posts

Posted:
I know whats wrong with www.enjoypoi.co.uk smile Mail me and I'll explain as its quite technical, anybody on ntl can view it by going to https://www.the-cloak.com/login.html
and putting www.enjoypoi.co.uk into the starting URL box smile

Hope this helps and anytime is good for me smile