Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Its been mentioned (on the film review board thread I believe) that there are poisters in Van Helsing (fire performers on stands in the ball room scenes), and now I've noticed a couple of others:

The Beach - When Sal and DiCaprio go to the mainland, there are dozens of peeps on the beach swinging pois and spinning staffs, all with fire cos its night time.

Human Traffic - Inside the club when the boy and girl on the sofe about when the club used to be Tom Toms, there is man swinging what appear to be balls in long socks in the middle of the dance floor.

Does anyone know of any other famous poisters? devil

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Famous?

confused

Apparantly Orlando Blooms spins poi...

umm

If you are talking about seeing Poi in films and stuff then I know for certain that there is a thread about it.

What exactly you would search for I dont know, but I know that it does exist.

smile

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, then I'd better change the theme of this thread before it gets locked...umm...ok include famous peeps who do poi (and try to get them tocome on here to chat to us) and anything else famous conected to pois, staff, and other fire related past times.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
about poi in movies, try this

https://www.firejedi.com/

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Oo, good find.

I guess that answers my Qs then frown

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
There is sooo many more films than that im sure.

And I would hardly call Toploader's "Dancing in the Moonlight" a film...

smile

Very good idea for a site though.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Oh wait, how about Circles of Light?

[possibly said with a hint of sarcasm]