Forums > Social Chat > Does anyone want to talk about how bad braces suck?

Login/Join to Participate

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Yeah.....so, I just got braces on my teeth two days ago, and they suck. I can't eat anything!!!!! Does anyone else have braces and want to complain about them? Ouchy!!! mad2

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I had braces for what felt like an eternity!!! They alwasy suck to begin with but think about how pretty your teeth are gonna look when they are gone!..... plus its really funny the hang spagetti pasta from them and chase your friends! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
oh my gosh.....I never thought of the pasta trick...I'll bet it will work with a nice seaweed salad as well...lol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had braces from 16 to 18..

I really looked forward to tehm actually..

I think it was the fact that I didnt actually ahve a social life that could be ruined/.
I also knew that at the end of it I wouold have perfect teeth.
Its been a while now since I had them taken out and my teeth are beautiful.

You cant eat any soilds for the first couple of days..
I tried eating a pizza and was then crippled over in pain for the rest of the night.

smile

But stick with it!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha its not THAT bad!

I really enjoyed it... and getting to choose the diff colours for the bands (Red and green for xmas!) xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I HATED my braces. I got my first retainer in year 6, and had about 5 differnet ones put on between then and year 8, then the bastered of a dentist told me to wear this stinking headbrace. I wore it for about 6 months before i thought fcuk it, there my teeth, they arnt crooked anyhoo, this is jsut for an overbite, im walking around looking like hannible lecter, and im in pain evrytime i move my jaw, so i took the brace off and cut it up with pliers and took it back to the ruddy bloke.
happy aimee, pissed off dentist smile

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
i had a retainer for two years and that was it, i think my teeth must be easily movable because that's all it took, but it hurt every flippin' time the dentist tightened it...

I also found it hugely amusing to have the plastic thing in my mouth and remember having to try really hard not to burst out laughing when i was walking back from the dentist...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
yeah....the whole process is crazy...you feel funny....you sound funny....I keep finding myself blowing up my cheeks like a blowfish. You're lucky NOn.....only having to wear a retainer, and I wasn't given the option of different color bands...I'll have to ask next time...

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
yeah braces suck, i was lucky though i only had them for a year. so much maitenance and cleaning, but when they do come of you'll be happy with your teeth. the only real plus side was the colours. i used to match colours with the holidays.

they feel really funny when you get them put on and taken off.

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I had an extension plate for two year. A holding plate for one year and then braces for three years.

There was one time while I had braces that a got them caught on a towel (yes weird I know) and ripped half the wire out of my mouth (not all of it).

By the time I got into the emergency dental repair area my cheek was bleeding from where the wire had been cutting me and most of my upper gums were bleeding from the pressure of having half the wire in and half out (Tried as a would I could not even pull the rest of the wire out even with pliers).

So yeah I have some "fond" memories of braces...

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
So, after my meal of mac and cheese.....with only moderate dicomfort....I feel like things are on the up and up. I put some wax on a spot earlier.....but I think I ate it...... ubbrollsmile

nixigloBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
Had braces years ago and still sometimes dream that all my teeth fall out.eek Anyone had the same dream?

Life's journey is not 2 arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

...but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting "WHAT A RIDE!!!"

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
never had braces, ive been pretty lucky with my teeth - always wanted them tho!! pink ones!! how cool!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Braces owie. They used to cut my mouth to shreds and make my whole head throb when they were tightened. I'm just glad I never had to have a headbrace (Nice one Aimee! How many people would have loved to do that... ubblol)
EDITED_BY: polythene (1102416370)

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I had a plate for a few years, and my favourite part about it was sitting in class when everyone was quiet and clicking it and annoying the hell out of my teacher! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
when my doctor wanted to give me braces i told him to go and fornicate himself with an broken stick
ok i didnt.....
but i still didnt get any braces. that was 7 years ago
and today my teeth are fine (not crooked), that bastard just wanted to make money of me......

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I used to really want them when all my friends had them then when I eventually got them I hated them!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I have to get braces for two years when I get back home frown I so don't want to. But I have to moove a tooth to it's right place, where there is currently no tooth. Then wait until I'm 20, and get a fake tooth drilled in my jaw. Joy.

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
i still have 4 baby teeth [im 20]

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
eek

I had 6 pulled out a week or so before I got braces...

It required 4 injections in my mouth.

frown

You should at least be *VERY* thankful you dont need to wear one of those big head braces things that Stans sister wears in South Park.

Non-Https Image Link

Well... maybe a bigger one that goes all the way round your head, I tried looking but couldnt find any pictures.

smile

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Great pic, untimely.....

I work in a dental office and have seen some patients that have kept some of their baby teeth throughout their life, so that's not unheard of. And, the implant issue....I used to work for an oral surgeon who did tons of implants....did you know that the egyptians were one of the first to start doing implants, but they used animal teeth.....crazy. Today, I think the metal of choice is titanium.....it wont be so bad, bobo.

my braces feel great today, no bothersome annoyances.....so yay, until 6 weeks from now when I het them tightened again....I think I'm going to go for the colored bands.... ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I love the look of well alligned teeth, mmm..nice shiny white perfect teeth. Im hoping that my kids dont get my huge gnashy teeth in a wee tiny mouth.
My 4 yo needs $3000 of dental work next month. Owies. He wont come out of it with perfect teeth as his are all baby teeth. Poor wee soul.
He had a mother who breast fed him to sleep...more gulit.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, I had perfect teeth until a skateboard hit me the the mouth making a nice wee hole in me lip and smashing 4 teeth clean out! It was when I had the 4 vampire type teeth at the side, so 2 were babby teeth and 2 were.... adult teeth??? I couldn't wear the traintracks for about a year, while me teeth settled as they were all loose. The I got the tracks, then a retainer (fun to clean at the dinner table 'cos you suck off all the food.. most people don't like to see this done), then I got a bridge, which constantly fell out 'cos the dentist was sh*te, so now I got a gappy smile 'cos implants could cost up to $4-6000....

Oh yeah, and when I first see the dentist after the accident, he said the hospital should have tried just slotting the tooth back in... it could have taken.....

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Bitches.....(in ref. to Bretch's comment)...they should have tried to put them back in....if you had gotten to a proper person in time, they might have been able to fix them!!!! Anyway, yes...the implants are pricey, but well worth it, actually....

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
Well, I really wanted them.. mainly for vain reasons I think, but I got used to it, then someone said it gives me character????? Dunno if that was good but hell, any sort of character is better then none ubbrollsmile. Think I'd rather get me eyes lazered.. no more glasses ... no more poi smahing them across the garden eek .....

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
my first kiss was with a girl with braces...and it didnt really make a diff to me ... thinks back...

Spinning makes my world go round

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Yeah....my glasses also have a problem with my poi....one time, I was outside, and knocked them clean off of my face. I had a friend tell me today that I would look really funny with braces (he hasn't seen them)....wasn't sure how to take that. So, I know what you mean....I'm doing double duty with the braces and glasses as well..... bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
chirst im lucky! never had braces or glasses! weird, i always wanted glasses as well!!!!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I used to have braces and glasses... but my mum made me get lenses coz she thought i would get bullied!?!? I loved braces!!! the ones that u can take out suck tho! And i used to have a head brace to wear at night - that also sucked! xxx