pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i just wanted to blow my own horn here, i did my first fire breathe lastnight. felt great and not half as scary as i though it would be. got a couple of good shots. thanks for all the info that everyone has posted. and especially pele...

anyone got a light?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cooooool,

A mate of mine has been hassling me for weeks to try one and I have been damn tempted. What did you use, Lamp oil? Scary or not? I've also just seen a great vid of someone setting his face on fire.
Well anyway, cudos, my friend, cudos.

T.
".....and god created lighter fluid."

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i used lamp oil, it was very scary at first because i had no one there to actually show me what to do. but i remembered what i read from pele's post and got my safeties there and just did it. now it is not so scary. but still something i know that i will have to be very careful with.

has anyone ever experienced sort of a chapped lip afterwards? and is there a way to make the fire ball bigger, besides just using more fuel? thanks for any help...

anyone got a light?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Pozee, the answer to your question (not that I know from personal experiance but from reading and talking with Pele) the finer the asperation the bigger in size the fire ball is. I am so glad you have done this because I have been wanting to try it out, now I have a local coach woohoo!!!

Ohh super big congrats on your first breath.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
this cherry was popped for me maybe 4 years ago? (wow)! Huntington Beach bonfire with BM folx of the time, yea, lamp oil and if finer means you spray it wider between your teeth, yea, you spit a wider gauze of closer fire, can be bigger ball, but like a garden hose, strong shot through puckered round mouth can be a big lump ball too

nah, don't know about chapped lips, seems natural if the heat made 'em dry

congrats on your firelingus, pozee!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
and don't forget to look at this thread for a few minutes too...

Really important fire-breathing thread Firebreathing Thread

Congrats, but keep respecting it, and don't forget about the long term health issues too...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I gave up on the idea after what happened to Pele. If it could happen to her, well...I don't have time to be laid up in the hospital for a week. I'd have to drop out of medical school and re-start the year.

I'll just stick to my pois and staff.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
Just so you know, Pozee, your fire ball was quite large!! It looks smaller in the pictures because it only captures a moment of it.... Great work! So you ended up with chapped lips?? Keep in touch:P

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
always safety first. i was scared shitless with respect. never will i take it for granted. it is too dangerous. and no i do not plan on doing it very often. it is too risky. but i had to try it. talk to you tonight dulce...

anyone got a light?

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i just did it for the first time last month!!
it went extreamly well. i had practiced misting with water before hand for about six months then .. i actually used kero..
and i was so very careful.
as for the chapped lips.. i got that too!!
and hearty application of carmex or chapstick did the trick..
gotta keep them perty thing in shape y'know.
except i dont think id let anyone kiss me after id been breathing cause it may not taste as nifty as it looks... it only creates what i call "pretend sex appeal" heh heh

[ 25 July 2002, 10:51: Message edited by: SorchaTheFlaming ]

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
congreatyoulotions!!!!! *HUGZHUGZHUGZ* well doneeeeeee do morrreeeeeeeee be safe, be happy yayayay and again, congrats! xoxoxxoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
hey, dulce sez there are pics? give em up and show up, pozee!

and ya gonna show us for real Aug 17?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
pretend sex appeal, haha to true. i will get my pictures posted up here in a bit. and i will definately be doing it on the 17th. i cant believe how big of fireballs i can make already. huge billowing plumes of fire. it is great.

chapstick rules, i feel soo much better now...

anyone got a light?

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
So are you aiming at the 17th?? I'll help you out with whatever's needed... That will be the first day of my 2 weeks vacation, so I'll still be in town and will be ready to party! Woohoo.. summertime...

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
told ya so *smears chapstick around her mouth*
cant wait to see the pics.. i should have some new ones in a few weeks..

i found that my very first blow was really small i just wanted to get the feel of it..
maybe the third blow i was getting a little frusterated because i didnt feel the flames were as big and i would like them..
i realized.. more fuel fixes the problem.
i was being so careful i wasnt using enough fuel *lol*

im feeling much better now though *voosh*

Send food, not bombs.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i definately hear ya, more fuel and better aspiration makes a big difference. HUGE fireballs now. can i borrow some of your chapstick sorcha...

anyone got a light?

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Just a heads up on the chapstick issue... Ever read the ingredients? Most chapsticks are composed of isopropyls and petrolatums, I would advise using them afterwards only. But it does help the dryness, espicially the medicated kinds.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
well duh.... your lips arent usually chapped before you blow fire balls

*hands the chapstick over to pozee*
cherry, mint, regular or mango?

Send food, not bombs.