Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
I was wondering what people thought of these new release (at least where I am) movies:
Minority Report (Loved it!!!)
Star Wars Episode 2 (Loved it as well, Ani *sigh*)
Spider Man (ok already knew the story line though)
Scooby Do (haven't seen it)

Any others? Talk about them!!!
I wonder why I made this topic? wierd, ah well...
Luv 2 Ya All
Lyd's
Ps.Serina17 e-mail me (juzplainfreeky@hotmail.com or send me a private message! )

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
I've only seen Episode 2, about which I have many complaints, the battle sequences were ok, the mass jedi one was unimpressive though (well the jedi were).

Minority Report, I've only read the book, which is good, as most of Philip K Dicks books are, aah the golden age of sci-fi, never again an asimov, heinlein, herbert (must stop, tear in eye).

Spidy I wanted to see but I hate cinemas.

Scooby Doo, I've always hated scooby doo, I dunno perhaps I like plot/character development that sort of thing. I mean scooby doo or Mysterious Cities of Gold (now that would be a good film)

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
*hate* scooby doo ?
and long live the cities of gold

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Ah the Cities of Gold!!!

I loved that programme as a kid, it ranked up there with Dogtagne and the Three Muskahounds, Philieus Fogg (80 days...) and Ulysses!!!

Sorry, getting back on thread:

Star Wars 2: Absolutely wicked (and I'm a hardcore fan)

Spiderman: Some really cool bits, worth seeing.

Minority Report: very average, too many gaping holes in the plot.

Peace.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WAIT A MINUTE .... are you talking abuit Ulysee 31 , the anime about the Odyssea but in the 31st century OMG if that is what you're talking about then YAY you !!! I've seen all episodes and am the crazy fan... I thought noone except the French knew that one ... OMG ... so is that the one ?

(sincere apologies to lady Lydia for being so off topic ... but I'm soooo excited !!!)

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Yep that's the one, back when the UK only had 4 channels (unless you had the really old version of Sky or British Satalite Broadcasting, before they merged) they used to put good cartoons on TV (BBC1 mostly) we got Dogtagne, Ulysess, MCoG, Phileas Fogg these were good programs with continuous story lines and characters that grew with the story. These days we get utter pap(poo).

Other good ones were Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (very very dark for a kids cartoon), rats can't think of anymore.

Perhaps we need a new thread all about cartoons?

Sorry Lydia, all my fault sorry

*But you're so tired...*

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
*grabs grappling hook and throws it at the original point of this thread, slowly drags it kicking and screaming back*

Right to get this back on track.

As I've only seen starwars e2 out of the films mentioned I feel I should extrapolate(sp?) on my original points (it's that or work people, what would you choose? )

Ani - An overly whiney little oik (an oik being an annoying person, usualy used to indicate a childish attitude or behaviour).
Why is it that 90+% of films with any character that is supposed to be young(ish) to they have to be portraid(sp?) as highly reactionary and overly emotional, are there no children who are stoic? can they not hold they're emotions in check. This is the reason I don't like Terminator 2.

The arena battle. Was pretty cool, up until all the jedi arrived.
For anyone that has played Final Fantasy 8 and reach the point where the school is being borded by the opposing school. I feel that the action during the CG section where you have the battle taking place behind your character was far superior to that of the Jedi fighting the droids, and that upsets me cause they're feckin' Jedi.

Jango Fett - Died as easily as his son does, which is vaguely amusing, still he could have been done so much better.

Yoda - That was pretty damned badass, I think I need to see that bit again before making any criticims(sp?)

-------How Long a Post and How Pointless -------

Why I hate (yes hate) scooby feckin' doo. Not that I've seen the film.

I don't know really, no particular reason, just the whole thing, and maybe the fact that it's always on somewhere, and scrappy doo, I mean really, as bad as Ani, grr.

*But you're so tired...*

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
i saw the ali g mvie about 3 months ago SUCKERS
ahhh the wonders of the internet still amaze me

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

serina17member
41 posts

Posted:
um well lets see where do i start.

Star wars it's was very cool and amazing, i went to the premire in the city with some friends, i dressed up and took photos. outside the cinema people were having light sabors fights.

Minorty report i haven't seen and don't really want to see.

Spiderman i loved although i missed bits of it somebody sitting next to me was very distracting not that i complained but i want to seee it again without distractions.

Scooby-doo i want to see even though it looks very weird i still want to see it. I think Daphne has brought some buffy into the movie which i don't like. ( previews)

---------------------------------------------I Will Be The Most Powerful Jedi Ever.---------------------------------------------

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
Guys! It can go off thread thats part of it! Honestly......
Luv 2 Ya All
Fwirl:p

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
star wars, eh, spiderman, eh but...
yay cities of gold! i have them all on digital cd as AVI's yay gotta love ebay....i want the big gold bird thing.
Ulysses and the sun beneath the sea we loved too but apparently it was never released again on anything yet *however* you can download the song the two creatures used to sing...(i forget their names)
Pere

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Star Wars E2? OK, can anyone say ANI = DATE RAPIST? His lustful stare was freaky enough.... yeesh. And really, who makes romantic overtures by confessing your little genocidal tantrums to the girl you're interested in?

Spider-Man... very true to the comics, I think. Couldn't have picked a better Peter Parker... also Kirsten Dunst makes a rather gorgeous redhead.

Anyone have a review for Reign of Fire? I thought it was particularly bad@$$, a very nice modernist take on the ages-old story of dragonslaying heroes, castles, etc.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
Ulysee 31 , the anime about the Odyssea but in the 31st century OMG if that is what you're talking about then YAY you !!! I've seen all episodes and am the crazy fan... I thought noone except the French knew that one
that made me really sad when i was kid. it looked cool but he never got home and rescued his whole family - the lil' red robot was kyoote tho!! such a catchy theme song!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always