Page: ......
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Can you do it on Tuuuuuuesdays please? That's my free day smile

And why are Fenfire doing their workshops when I'm working? That's not fair.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Just a quick mail out to everyone to let you know about some workshops
taking place in the building.

Beltane Fire Society Presents:

Fenfire

Open access FREE fire performance skills workshops at:

tePOOKa 0131 228 4567

the big red doors on Lady Lawson Street, upstairs in the rehearsal room.

Monday 24th
Tuesday 25th
Wednesday 26th
Friday 28th April, all from 3-6pm

All manner of fire skills taught by one of Austria's leading Fire
Performance groups. Staff, Doubles, Contact Staff, Poi, Meteor. They do
it
all rather well!

Open to everyone, complete beginners to advanced, drop in sessions why
not
try learning a new skill or improving your technique?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

pop_n_freshmember
48 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Hi Pop!

Meets...
Tollcross Meet: Mondays 7-9, all kinds of juggling, 2 quid (1 concession) at the Tollcross Community Centre
Uni juggling society: Wednesdays 7-9 pm, Chaplaincy Centre, Potterrow, membership 5 quid/year, also all kinds of juggling and spinning
Tepooka juggling: Thursdays, I think it's from 7, at Tepooka (Lady Lawson Street), 2 quid
Tepooka Poi and Staff workshop: Fridays, 7-9, Tepooka (Lady Lawson Street), 2 quid

Monday nights might be a bit empty the next week because most spinners are off practicing for Beltane, but after that it should be fine smile try from around 10 pm. Authorities don't give a sh!t... last week they were arresting some neds while we kept happily spinning, and they didn't even look twice at us smile

Oh, come to Beltane... it's on Calton Hill on the 30th from 9, and it's only 3 quid if you buy a ticket now, and you can see us all playing with fire and doing acrobatics and drumming and stuff.

cheers for that, my mum always goes to beltane (damned hippy:P) and my sister is probably goin as its her birthday (damned mini-hippy:P)

thanks for all of that, im just currently tryin to bully someone to come along with me (im quite shy).

also are there any penicuik-ian fire fans out there?

Just call me Pop.

ChimneyBRONZE Member
85 posts

Posted:
Hey. I think I'll come to Beltane. What is there to do for us non-Edinburgh poi spinners? The website says you can be a firebearer?

I think I'll get some friends and I'll just bring some LEDs over.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
there are torch bearers and steward positions for folk with little time or who live outside Edinburgh but you'll have to get in there quick, there aint much time left.

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
yay... nice Beltane...

Will just have to wait until the vid to see what happened at fire point when the procession left ;o)

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
it was so purdey .. i like the red ppl

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: flicky

i like the red ppl

I prefer the whites ubbrollsmile

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
what happened after the procession left was that I tried to put on the firefingers which were burning at stupid temperatures because someone had decided to use kero instead of paraffin, which meant my fingers were getting far too hot. Put one glove off and kept the other half-on for the firebreathing later, and tried to put the flames out with the fireblanket, which - caught fire. Hope that's not on the video though... nearly completely destroyed my shoe trying to step on the blanket and get it out, but finally decided to get the guy with the extinguisher. Considering that quite a few people actually got burns or singed hair from dripping torches, and not just their toys melted to the fireblanket, I'm a bit angry at that...

But hey. The rest was good, and at least I've seen it in practice so it wasn't too bad I missed most of it on the night.

By the way...

MY BIRTHDAY SPIN!!!

Next Monday, Meadows, from 9-ish with cake and drinks
then some spinning
then on to my place for possibly more drinks and sitting around and having a fire in the fireplace smile
Be there!!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

what happened after the procession left was that I tried to put on the firefingers which were burning at stupid temperatures because someone had decided to use kero instead of paraffin, which meant my fingers were getting far too hot. Put one glove off and kept the other half-on for the firebreathing later, and tried to put the flames out with the fireblanket, which - caught fire. Hope that's not on the video though...

eek!

not sure I can make monday.

hope you have fun & a happy bifday

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Helllooo!
One Aussie here will be invading your fantastic city!! So I thougt I'd send out a hello and many hugs to you all. May I join you at your spinny gatherings when I arrive? hug Won't be there for a few weeks but I hope to be able to meet you all when I do get there!

See you all soon!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Send me a PM when you are going to come down and I'll let you know when people are going to be around smile

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Thanks smile will be around the time of the EJC. I fly into London on the 20th June.

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Hello again Edinburgh twirlies smile
I have organised the rough time frame that I will be in each city... I will be around in your neck of the woods around the 10-14th August, give or take a couple of days. Has anyone got a floor/couch, (backyard for a tent maybe) ? for an Eveish person? Will be happy to bring chocolate, hugs and teach all tricksy aussie fire moves wink I look forward to meeting some of you!!

hug
Eve

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
You can stay with sunbird and me if you want? We've got a bedsofa you could have. (I prefer nut chocolate biggrin)

hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
ooh! Thanks Brigit! Will come bearing nutty chocolate wink
Can't wait to meeeeet u!!

hug

Eve

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
ello eveyone! went to investigate juggling club last week .... mwhahaha not on frown. So dose anyoene know if its on tomorrow? takes me an hour to get in ... so best to make sure this time smile

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Which juggling club?

If it is the Big Red Door juggling then email steve at: bongo_d_clown@hotmail.com

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
oh... tomorrow would be the Tollcross one. No idea about that frown But we'll definitely be out on the Meadows from 10-ish, cause one of our spinners is going back to Germany frown (but still smile for spinning!)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
yaya play

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Yay for Eve visiting and having my private Aussie teacher biggrin bounce

Flicky, were you there last night? If so who were you? ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
oh i came to play in the meadows for a little bit .... me and dave..... umm i was me ..... i had a bright scary jaket on .. like a clown smile who were you .. was anybody .. i was scared .. smile

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
on a totally diffrent subject to anythgin .. anyone know of any jobs out there in the lovley land of ed

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce2

I think I'm a teeny tiny bit excited about heading over..

who am I kidding, if I was any more excited I'd bounce through the roof!

See you all sooooon! Are you all EJC-ing too?

hug

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
come and twirl at shooglenifty..
oh, maybe thats the 14th Aug, welp, you should all come to shoogle anyway, tis going to be great! Have any of you seen them before? *swoon* perfect hooping music!
PS. there are enough tricksy aussie moves to go around, maybe can't say that about the chocolate... weee! more travelers!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Crazy scotish band... saw them when they were out here..

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Yo! I have extra transportation in the te POOKie minibus heading both to and from Play fesitval from Edinburgh.

For the price of "a contribution to petrol" you too can join me smile

However if you are over 25, with a driving licence and are not a numpty you can join us for free and drive us there smile

All interested parties get in touch ASAP because I think spaces will go quickly.

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
i wanna say me me me ... but i might be working by then aww i dunno .. so confused

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I would, but I'll be in Germany listening to which old relative has acquired the most hip operations in the last 12 months...

but then I'll also see lots of my friends again, so bounce yay bounce for that!

Don't think I can make the EJC - can't get that much time off work frown

Flicky, I think I was wearing greenish cargo-like trousers and a green jumper, and spinning either a stick or the new Pook blue glowpoi biggrin Apparently I stomp around like an angry bear 99% of the time, and give off "piss off" energies to everyone, so if you saw someone doing that, it must've been me. shrug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Page: ......