Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Just wondering,I don't think human evolution is over yet, the quickest way to devlop yourself or evolve is to change your thinking process. Most people are aware of what they think but are you aware of 'how' you think?Think of a favourite memory, a holiday, a time with a special friend or a party you enjoyed.Hold that thought!Now HOW do you remember it?Which of the senses are invloved in recalling your memory?I would like to know!

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
oooh ooh yah i know this stuffmy dad is a master in NLP (nerual linguistics programing)im a very kinesthetic person everything has to feel right then i go visual and then auditory.. thats my thought process right there.

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
You know, that's actually a good question. I would have to say I remember feeling most. I remember both the emotions I felt, and picked up from other people, and how things felt, like how the carpet feels or teh wind or teh night air or the clothes i was wearing or something. The other interesting thing about my menory is that it is frozen. I remember a specific picture. It's far from photographic, i only remember details I noticed at the time. But i remember a specific moment, everything is placed a certain way and feels a a certain way and looks a certain way and smells a certain way (could even taste a certian way) but there is never any sound. I have a horrible time recognizing people's voices, or songs i have heard before, or anything like that. My mermories are always a precisly frozen moment, (and silent)and so sometimes i can't remember things closely associated with them. I can remember teh words people have said surprisingly well sometimes, and the tone of voice with which they were said, but it is seperate from any pictoral memory, and i can't actually replay the whole thing together, just how i felt when i heard them and what they were. i don't know if that made any sense to anyone else, but it was actually quite cool to think about. Thanks axis, i'm looking forward to seeing what people say!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Weird experiment!To answer your question, Axis, I don't remember things visually or audibly or anything like that...cetain situations just have this unique feel to them, and when I remember the situiation, I remember that feel without thinking of specific perceptions or senseations.However I do find that certain perceptions cue those feelings. Music does it for me more than anything else. Put on Lifeforms by FSOL and suddenly I'm my buddy's cottage, chatting with him till 3am by the fire; put on Incunabula by Autechre and suddenly I'm in my room, watching snow fall as it's illuminated by light spilling out of the window above me.Good times, man, good times. grinNot to distract from the original question, but does anyone else ever get that from listening to music you haven't heard in a while?

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
So true, With tecnology people believe they will be able to save feelings, times of happiness and even sorrow on to, well a disc... so that we may refelct on these feelings again and again, but how ever I beieve this to be imposable due to fact that all they could do is place our memories into words... and thats just the thing... momories are wordless... so no one can really tell you what part of your sensors, or your brain that stores these feelings, but their there, and there is no way to prove other-wise... And we all have a long time till we all understand ourselves in this way... maybe one day...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I agree with paddy completely, music does cue an awful lot of memories for me, almost like flashbacks. But events and other things can trigger them too. Take tonight for example, I was sat round a fire with freinds, and I suddenly remembered all the times me and my freinds where I used to live before I moved to sheffield sat round the fire of an evening. but when I recall things its like fast forwarding through a video, and stopping it to play sometimes. you just get highlights. small clips of the past. But when I remember I can shut my eyes and be there. The sights, the sounds, the smells. Even silly little things to, like what t-shirt a friend was wearing, or what we got from the takeaway that night smile. In a way it makes me happy, but also makes me sad too. Maybe I dwell on the past too much, I dont know. even writing this is making me reminiss about the past. Guess I'll just go and get sentimental for a while. Hope that answers your question.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Some tunes remind me of when I first started spinning, although it hasn't been long enough for it to be truly nostalgic. Still, Way Out West, Planisphere, Xerox...they all bring it back.In that case, I would say the sense most involved in recalling the memory is that of pain, localized most in the shins and scrotum.

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
i tend to remember the emotion associtaed with a memory first, then the visuals, then maybe kinaesthetic stuff. I'm VERY bad at sound. i might remember the exact words that were said (often i only remember the gist though), but i will have NO memory of what tone they were said in.cds=memories/emotions/people VERY strongly. or even phases i went through. give me Greenday's Nimrod and i float back to being 13.the reason i contstantly have to buy new cds is coz i cant listen to old ones, coz of associations. Placebo is dicey for me, and The Eels are certain to bring about tears or bruised knuckles.

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Good thread,Well, to start, I've decided I think about things way to much. I love spontinatity and doing things without thinking about them because it's an escape from all the stuff that I'm constantly analysis and interpreting. When you do something spontanious you can discover new feelings and thoughts as they go, rather than thinking first 'What will that make me feel?'I definatly think about feelings most - who o I feel? How do others feel? How do my feeligns impact other people's feelings? That sorta thing. It gets to the point sometimes that I just don't have enough space in my mind to think about anything anymore so I have to write it all down in my diary - If I don't write I find I get really preoccupied and distant, just trying to process everything. Does that sound strange. Sometimes i hate that I spend so long thinking about stuff, but actually, when i'm on top of it all, I kinda see it as a gift - it helps me to perseve and interpret situations for the best!KeepOnKeepingOne*

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'd say the chemicals and cells in your brain make you memorise why, cos we need to remember things..like we all learned to walk run write, read and so on, if we did not have this thought process then we would be a bunch of vegetables huh right?.. i think so and the main point to this is that we would not be capable of spinning poi!!! now that would be a sad case.. and Malcolm would not have had the knowledge for hope of poi would there even be any technology for that instance?..shit this could go on forever!!so i will leave it at that..BUT I DO ADVISE any one that is into this kinda thing to take a look at my friends website... https://uk.geocities.com/ultimatetheoryPKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

Pyrostixmember
5 posts

Posted:
Tough question..... let me think on it

keep it glowingPYROSTIX

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I paint pretty pictures.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cantusi hear you do "paint by numbers"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah, something like that.You can check out my gallery if you like. There's several pages btw.

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nice art cantus..and i stole the pic of you and my good mate chris.PK

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Listen to s.a.l.t by th orb, I'm not much into the bible but its quite cool, especially as u started talking about evolution grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, Itmayjust go where no-ones been'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That was Chris pre-jaunt/holiday. He was full of coke and feeling funny. Took the appearance of the camera to cheer him up...

Meh