Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
kk. this is a tutorial on making quick, $2.50 pair of LED poi. Some of you may have a store called deals nearby. its a shop that sells everything from a pound of fudge, to duct tape all for a dollar. I often go there to buy some glow sticks for school dances and the last time i went they has light sticks. basically it was a LED in a metal tube that had a large (3mm wide) fiber optic wire in a piece of plastic. other stores may sell them cheap too, but there i can get them for 1 dollar. get 2. I took them home, yanked the plastic/fiber optic off. this allows it to still glow, but the LED is still protected because there is a ring of plastic around it. on the end is a small hole. i took some kite string and wound it through about 3 times, tied it. and tied a loop in the other end for my hand. took just a few minutes and only cost $2 to make a pair. they work great too. all of the electronics is inside a metal tube, and the LED is protected. just figured i'd give some ideas. (P.S. i use tape to hold the button down, but on some brands you press the button and they light up, or flash untill you hit it again)
peace

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys