Forums > Social Chat > Happy Thanksgiving to the US-ers

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Another Thanksgiving Day is upon us. More parades, football and food that people could possibly want.

I was in a store two days ago and I heard two women say that these types of holidays will die with the younger generations (us) because we don't care about the true meaning of the day.

I thought it was unfair. Now, granted, the food is a definate benefit to the day, I love talking with all my friends, and reminiscing with my loved ones and really realizing all the things I am thankful for over the past year.

And since you are loved ones I thought I would share some of these thoughts with you all, and I really would enjoy hearing you share as well.

I am thankful for the many good friends who have not only supported me, but also have provided countless inspirations, moments of laughter to tears and comfort, not only in the past year but over the years...especially Malcolm and Prometheus.

I am thankful for the people I have gotten to know better in the past year, Rob, PK, Ade, Lightning, the list goes on. The inspiration they have given me and the respect I have for them is truly boundless.

I am thankful for my health. More than ever this seems so evident and important to me.

I am thankful for my family. PWB and Noah who never fail to be the greatest sources of the strength and hope in my life.

I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given both professionally and personally, to meet and speak with personal idols and to work/train with some phenominally talented people.

And in an ironic twist for me, I am really thankful to live where I do. Not the US but a town where if I live which has an incredible school for my son, a fairly accepting community and a sense of peace in it.

I am thankful for all these gifts and sooo much more...and in 2 hours I will be thankful that Thanksgiving my mother's favorite holiday and that she loves to cook! biggrin Yummy!

Thanks to all! Happy day for everyone!

ubblove

P~

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well,

Happy day to celebrate the complete destruction of an indigenous population by gorging our already obese nation on enormous quanties of industrially raised and tortured bird carcass and genetically modified, industrially processed crops day to you too, Pele!

(Relax, I'm just kidding!)

I live such an amazing life and so I'm thankful for so many things, I can't even begin to list them here.

I am thankful for all the people who come to this board and brighten all our lives with their individual sparkling personalities. hug

I'm thankful to Malcolm and the mods who work so hard to keep this site going. You guys are amazing. ubblove

But for right now, I'm just really hungry and I'm really looking forward to dinner. biggrin ubblove weavesmiley

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
I always feel a little conflicted with this holiday because I am part Native American. But for the most part I enjoy the holiday because I am close with my family and holidays for me are more about enjoying your family. Unfortunately, this is the first year ever that I will not be with my family ubbcrying I have family friends in the area that I'm spending it with, but I'll admit this is a difficult day for me to not be with my family. I am thankful for many things, too many to list, but I do want to say to you all I am thankful for the community I am part of here on HOP. While I have not met any of you in person (yet!) there are many of you I consider close friends. Particularly in the difficult time in my life recently, there were so many of you who were there for me and showed your concern and compassion, and I cannot thank you enough. Without all of your support and love, I certainly would not be where I am today.

Happy Thanksgiving to the USers and happy day to everyone else! smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Happy Turkey Day!

Hey pounce, I too am part Native American. What blood do you have? I have Cherokee in me and I come from the bear clan.

This year will also be the first that I won't be spending Thanksgiving with my family. I did get to have Thanksgiving with Dio's family. Many yummy leftovers too! biggrin

I am thankful for my life and eveything that has influenced it into what it is now..the good/bad.

Thank you Malcolm for having such a wonderful site for us to congregate!

I am thankful for a good job to be able to pay the bills that allow me to stay here in Still H20 with Dio and my other friends.

I am thankful for my family and pets.

I am thankful for....And the list goes on... wink

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i haven't been able to track down my family heritage...most of our records were destroyed frown but i'm still trying. i want to learn more about my ancestors!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

1,032 posts

Posted:
I am trying to get financial aid for college, but my family didn't get a registration number because if they did they would lose their land. I wish they went ahead and got it because it would of been so handy for us later generations.

I sorta find it unfair that no other ethnic groups have to use a number on a piece of paper to prove what they are. Kinda sucks to me.

Ok so I sorta do understand it. I wouldn't want just anybody to claim they were Native American just for money. I have a family tree showing family names and such, but they still want a stupid roll number! mad

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
happy thanks giving everyone!

muuuuuuah hug

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i totally understand. it sucks, cause my dad got into geneology for awhile and traced our family roots back to 1492, but we're still missing that part of our heritage dealing with our native american side. it's ridiculous cause many of the records were destroyed, in the same way the african slaves were made to take on their master's last name, native americans were either forced to give up their land in order to keep their namesake, or assimilate to the "white" ways. sucks. frown

**giggles**

1,032 posts

Posted:
frown Yeah it does

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
oh dear...it appears i'm a bit late, but...
Happy Thanksgiving anyway! biggrin
(don't eat all the leftovers in one go, you might get sick... ^_^)

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi