-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me
when im pssing the staff between my legs...i always end up having to lift my leg and i look spastic....not that theres anything wrong with our mentally defitiant friends out there but due to my social up bringing it is the best way to derogatise myself and make you understand...
How can i do this without lifting my leg...or better yet...what are some sexy looking through leg pass manouvers???

[ 17. March 2003, 16:41: Message edited by: Micky D ]

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
It's hard to know your current echnique without a bit more of a description, but here is a few tips that may help.

---

1. Use moves you are comfortable with. If you aren't already, simply bring down current moves so they move through your legs, rather than having a specific BTL (between the legs) path that may take a lot of time to feel natural.

2. Crouch your legs and bend your spine to put your hands (and then, ergo, your staff) lower down so you don't need ot lift your leg.

3. For sideways BTL, lift the leg closest to the side the staff is coming from (IE from your left lift your left leg). Whilew you are lifting your leg, it looks much more natural than raising the opposing leg. Also, try to have the staff's motion end up about waist height or higher.

Some people keep the staff down below the waist level, and this can sometimes look wierd (sometimes it looks great too!)

4. Experiment with holding the staff in different positions, not just in the middle. It's often easier to have the leading end (the end that goes through the legs first) longer than the following end when getting used to BTL moves.

5. Do as many different BTL moves as possible. Figure8 forwards, figure8 sideways left, figure8 sideways right, etc etc.

Make sure you have different starting position too, from behind, from in front, from the side, from up high from down low.

Try 'scooping' the staff in a wide circle like an airplane, rather than spinning it around it's own axis (like in a finger spin).

---

As for what 'looks cool'...That's really for you to decide.

Perhaps it may be better to do what feels good first, rather than worrying about what others are thinking.

If you are doing staff soley to be 'cool', perhaps a rethink on your reasons for doing it might be worth pursuing.

Just my genenral comments, they are not directly aimed at you, but for anyone else who is also thinking along the same lines but hasn't posted it.

And, as always, it's all my own opinion, and doesn't count for much anyway

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
ok you missunderstood why i said the whole cool thing...but not to matter
i meant that it just looks ridiculous...to me...he he he...but anyways
thanx a lot for the tips

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should bare in mind that Charles is old and married and forgot long ago what's cool and what's not....

He's just happy with being fashionably short.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
You just wait you young whippersnapper, I'll show you COOL...

You should see my incontinence bag, it's got a picture of Eminem on it!!!!

(shakes his liver spotted fist at C@ntus from the old folks home)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles (INFERNO):

(shakes his liver spotted fist at C@ntus from the old folks home) [/QB]
lol

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
so MickeyD, hows the practice going??

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?