Forums > Social Chat > Question about fire-breathing + poi safety

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I've been doing a trick with drinking a glass of water on the one-handed corkscrew for a good while now. It occured to me that I could probably use this to take some fuel into my mouth and then spray it out a la firebreathing to be lit as the poi pass through it. I don't have any experience with firebreathing, but I've done some research and it looks a good bit more dangerous than poi. Would the potential delay in lighting the fuel could be a safety hazard? Has anyone done this before?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Been there, done that with a one handed bfly and it is a crowd pleaser.Fire breathing is always dangerous. With holding the fuel in your mouth there is always an increased amount of absorbtion and a higher chance of you swallowing some. To do a good blow through poi takes some pretty good timing otherwise you can end up with nothing but sprayed fuel or just a tiny flash.If you are planning on trying this, please...please...please...do a search on fire breathing using the search button under the reply/post buttons. There is much information and safety issues to be had there.First, practice with water...alot. Then try fire breathing with a torch first, it is safer than through poi (less fire to contend with). You will need to get accustomed to the taste and texture of the fuel (not altogether pleasant) and the technique of the fire breathing before adding two swinging flaming balls into the mix.Best of luck.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK