Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys... =) Had to do it.How many of you live in states that require a "fire permit" to perform fire? Does anyone know if there is any sort of central "repository" for this sort of information? If not, there should be.Sorry if I'm repetitive sometimes guys! I *AM* new, cut me some slack! smile I only talk about thing that are enjoyable to me, or things that I want to share with all of you.Much love,CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Ignitusmember
1 post

Posted:
I just do my firepoi and firebreathing in my backyard and hope I don't get in trouble. smile-Ignitus

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Actually CRD, that is a town to town law that can be superceded by state mandates. For example, in my town we can spin anywhere outside without a fire permit as long as no one is in danger and it is city property...I checked with the fire department on it. However, if my county government, area DEC or the state itself declare a fire ban then that negates the law in the city while the fire ban is enacted. For most all areas if you are going to spin indoors there is a permit requirement or at very least a fire inspection. Check with your local fire authorities on what the regulations are. 10 to 1 if they have no idea what you are talking about thenthey will say no. I went in with my professional portfolio and photographs so they knew what to expect and that I wasn't actually out to commit arson.Best of luck to you.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
OH MY GOD THE YELLOW BOX IS ANNOYING!!! (are personal attacks on the yellow box ok?) madI'm with you Ignitus... no ask, no tell.------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
I had an interesting experience spinning in NYC this past weekend. We were down by the water, midway between the Brooklyn Bridge and Wall Street. We had about a dozen performers and maybe 30-40 spectators (all in costume!) and got in about 15-20 minutes before the cops showed up.The cops turned out to be pretty cool and did nothing other than call out a fire/medic truck and drove away. The FD guys watched us from their truck for about an hour, and then drove away, either bored or satisfied that we were not going to hurt ourselves or set anything on fire. We continued until about 3:30am without incident when we got tired and went home.Got some pics too at:https://vees.net/pdf/blastfurnace/-p.

veesBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
The medics were genuinely interested in what was going on there. The driver came out three or four times with his disposable camera and shot a couple of flash photos. I went over there dressed in my santa suit and chatted him up for a few minutes, to let him know:- Everyone there with a burning wick in their hand had a fair amount of experience with their toys.- Everyone was prepared with cotton clothing, or at least something that wouldn't stick to their skin when it melted.- We had a bunch of people standing there with wet towels to put out the wicks if anything were to go wrong.I admit I didn't do so well on wet-towel patrol that night, and got severely chastized by Protozoa when someone else had to run up and bail ME out for not suffocating the fire aggressively enough.We need more cool people like NYPD and FDNY.I have a feeling they see so much strange crap in NYC that a couple of people with relatively small fires on the end of strings is almost boring.I also mentioned to them that flash photography wasn't the most effective way to get a good look at the total effect of flying fire, so I gave him a trinket card with my e-mail address to the ambulance driver so he could e-mail me for link to the pictures later. Oh, and I'm glad everybody likes my pics.