The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have any full REALLY detailed explanations of ways to do the BTB weave? I have been trying to figure it out off the lesson page on HOP, but I doesn't do anything for me. I can't even start it... IF anyone has ANY tips please share smile------------------HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
yeah me too!if been having no luck with that at all.im glad someone else had the balls to post about it as i hate it when people yell at you "raaaahh!!! do a search!!!!!"when i do it i feel like my arms arnt long enough toy get the weave thing happening bending a bit helps but its the starting off that buggers me.. maybe im really inflexibal..(i doubt that) theres trick..gotta learn it... smile

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
rahhh!! do a search!!!err, i don't know if theres much explaning to do for the btb weave. It's exactly the same movement as infront of you but behind your back, you just gotta visualize it. Try to get the btb figure 8 first (crossover), when you're comfortable with that bring the hand that's under, over (for reverse btb weave). Then repeat. Try keeping your hands high when there behind your back, it should make it a tad easier. Also, bend over a bit, should make it easier too.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
if you walk around with them and figure out good ways for your feet to move while youre trying it you might find its not to hard

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
start by spinning 1 poi backwards at your side then lean a bit forwards and cross it over behind your back so it swings on the other side of your body. When you swing it back you'll have done a figure 8 BTB. Do this with each hand separately til it's fliud. Then (still separately) do one rotation on the starting side ( ie. if your spinning with the left hand, do one rotation backwards on your left side) then crossover behind you and do 2 rotations on the opposite side then cross back over. when you can do this with both poi separately you are doing the constituant parts of the BTB Weave.How you put them together is whatever works best for you! Good luck - hope this helps. (it may, on the other hand, be completely incomprehensible) grin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
well in the OTHER thread about BTB weave ( tongue ) I suggested learning it in reverse first...I learnt it by slowly building up the number of "sets" i did. First one on the left then back to normal. Then one on the right then normal. then left to right to normal, then right to left to normal (By normal I mean straight reverse spinning) then just do more and more. At first it's a real twister of a move and can really stretch your arms but it's worth it...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
i learn it by trying too much... i didnt find an easy way to do it just practicing a lot frown then was the day i got it!!! in 2 weeks but then i got it sometimes and sometimes i hit my face omfg!!! i had to practice like 3 months to get it fine:/[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 11 January 2002).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

Cherylmember
29 posts

Posted:
I JUST got the BTB weave. What finally did it for me was going very slowly and watching the poi, not thinking about my hands. I finally saw that I was moving the poi the wrong way on the final crossover back, then looked at where the poi should have been moving, then made them move that way. I don't know if this is explaining it well, but that's it in a nutshell.Cheryl

tri_hardermember
9 posts

Posted:
Ive just started poi one week ago...and if this move is what i think it is then i can already do it... coolI got a video with my first practice poi, made by a company called kiwido..from NZ, sold @ the bristol kite store (my local juggling shop). It shows loads of moves, in slow-mo too, and only cost me £7.I spoke to the bloke in there and he says you can mail-order them, by e-mail or phone, there details are on www.kitestore.co.ukThey've bin a good shop too me so i dont mind doing them this little advert...but the vid is well worth a look...seriously

Kinniemember
7 posts

Posted:
I have had so much trouble with that one too! I think I understand how it goes, but my arms are just not flexible enough, and I keep knocking myself in the ear. Quite painful, especially when the backs of my earrings dig into my skin. frown It's a scary move, LOL.

Pardon me while I burst into flames. I've had enough of the world, and its people's mindless games...- incubus