AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i've just cracked the one handed double poi corckscrew and i was just wondering if any one else out there was doing much one handed stuff and what the posibilities are. i'm trying other stuff like the chase but end up in a pickle can any one give me some advise.

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
Only one handed thing I do is butterflies, forward & reverse.But I do like to do a two-handed four-poi split-time corkscrew, just cos it's so horribly wanton. Needs an awful lot of wrist, and can be very hard on the elbows, mind.mikeyB

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
I toyed with it for a little bit of time one day and had a ton of fun. It seems to be hard as hell to do a weave w/o entangling them at some point. The kickass thing is that if your paying attention you and reverse the direction and untangle them every single time. Its just that I don't think it is all that impressive if your constantly tangling them up I guess and it seems hard to avoid. W/ the corkscrew itself I had pretty good success so long as I kept moving my body. I can seem to keep it seamless if I keep doing 360s and what not, ocassionally switching the corkscrew to an angle and switching direction. It is definately something I plan on working on more 'cause I think it'd be fun to randomly throw it in sets for 10-20 seconds, esp. if I can figure out how to drop out of a 1-handed butterfly into a weave, but I think the 1 handed stuff is pretty limited and prolly not that impressive since most people don't ever pay attention to what your hands are doing.

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
I've been playing with one-handed moves for a little while (not very good at them yet but when i get tired of doing standard poi stuff I like to pick up a pair of short wicks and do a one-handed set). So far I can get the butterfly (forward) going, the corkscrew, and a "weave" (although it feels more like a vertical corkscrew on each side of my body than a weave).I like how they go from being spaced 180 degrees to spinning at the same time at certain points.I only do one-handed moves with my right hand; my left hand is gimpy and weak. smile I'd love to be able to do two in each hand, though! grin-protie

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
I had a go at one handed corkscrew the other day it goes ok for about 3 or 4 revolutions then goes a bit tits up!! winknever mind practice practice practice

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i toyed with it before also...it broke me..i gave up after about 20 minutes of zero progress...Be nice to do a onehanded chase as well (same move i guess, different angle)"S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey,if you do a search for 1-handed you will find a listing of all the stuff I used to do one-handed (that sounds bad wink - have to say I dont do much one handed stuff anymore...cept for staff but thats a bit of a different kettle of fish smileSo yeah - have a look.Chase is possible - but very tricky..you need a strong little finger to keep the poi seperated when the little finger is leading...I never really got it to work properly...Josh