Forums > Social Chat > you play too much magic cards when...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
you know you play too much magic cards when....
your boss comes up to you at work and says"your fired"
you say"in reply to that I quit, ha things resolve backwards I win"

some will understand. -buddah

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:

or

"no, I play boomerang... YOUR fired!"

PsyB.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
you cant fire me i have a stasis on the field!
you dont have the mana!!!

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
after you say you quit, your boss casts lava burst
"I said you were fired!!"
oh us silly dorks

P*L*U*R

401 posts

Posted:
damn instants!!!

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Boss says your fired and you play your shivan dragon.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
aha, but you couldn't summon a creature during your boss's attack phase! Oh no! You're screeeeeewed!

P*L*U*R

401 posts

Posted:
ah but there are some that play as instants. no shivian dragon no sir that would be far to horrible

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
If I cast Clone on your boss, can I fire him?

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
What on earth are you talking about???

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
This

PsyB.

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
It happens to be a mightly nerdarific card game. I used to play it back in the diZay... No for real guys I didn't know that game was still so popular. Is there anyway it can be played online. There's nobody here I could play with. I'd love to have a game. I used to be riiiight into er.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I played a brief stint of MTGoL, which was pretty interesting.

But you had to purchase booster packs etc. as per normal, and you could trade them in for the real cards once you got the full set... seemed a bit of a waste to me.

The trial was pretty good, you had 5 decks each single colour and a forum where you could play against other people. But I'm not a fan of paying a subscription to play online...

Do a search in Google for MTGoL and that seems to turn up a few links.

PsyB.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I know there's a downloadable version called Apprentice but I never really got the hang of it.

P*L*U*R

StebbinsBRONZE Member
10th degree spoon weilder
171 posts

Posted:
Ya i may have played that one back in the diZay. If I remember correctly it sucked ass.

-Beeaaatch please, I'm the macaroni with the cheese.
-This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
I got really confused playing on line so i gave i wish i knew how to make things online then i would make a cheap easy site.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
I got really confused playing on line so i gave i wish i knew how to make things online then i would make a cheap easy site. (by cheap i mean free and simple)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
you are all nerds!!!.....hang on....so am i!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Djnnmember
79 posts

Posted:
i never got around to playing on-line
I really enjoyed seeing the magic take place as i fired my boss over and over again with my death and resurection deck
everytime is was fired two took my place
hahahaha i win!!!!

o man it's been a while
you guys enjoy

cKBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
yeah, i know i played too much magic when im thinking up strategies and cards to either do, or beat anything you guys were saying

you Could cast your shivan in response if you had a card that allowed creature summoning at instant speed.. or you resurrected it from graveyard at instant speed (Corpse Dance)

shush I had to stop playing when uni started, no time, but i have about 5000 cards under my table in my room

(btw, MTGoL is good, but expensive for OL play.. Apprentice was really good, and still is, just a couple of cards arn't properly supported, so its weird, and if you never got the hang of it: Its a virtual Table. you have to do ALL the effects yourself)

You love the middle ages, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!The concept of a Geocentric universe gets you sexually excited, Doesn't it?Sir, Yes Sir!!You want to make 16th century mathematician Johannes Kepler your bitch, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhh....
the good old magic days. sitting in a comic shop and watch 27 year old ultranerds kicking everybodys butt . and i used to admire those people.
then i saw the light....... it was called getting a life
whenever i go to the comic shop for my monthly fix of "Barry Wein boy genius" (the best comic ever) i still see them standing there arguing about banned cards in their decks, and chuckle silently about them and myself for wanting to become an 30 year old who spends all day proving 13 year olds that they are better at game designed for 13 year olds.
(disclaimer: I have nothing against nerds. i a bit of a nerd myself, but i enjoy an active social life at the side)

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Tell those 30-year-olds to go Twiddle their Bone-flutes. It's just a game

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

cKBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
yes. a game.. where if you're really good.. you can earn 200 grand US tax free per year on the Pro Tour tournament circuit

but yes.. there are the losers that hang round and totally suck, and think they are hardcore, when all they really need to do is to have a shower.

You love the middle ages, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!The concept of a Geocentric universe gets you sexually excited, Doesn't it?Sir, Yes Sir!!You want to make 16th century mathematician Johannes Kepler your bitch, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
what! there's a pro circut for magic thats insane. that is cool. this is too much that is halirous. pictureing the thirty year old men arguing over a pro game.hehehehe. did you know there is a card out now that allows you to take control of your oppent's turn? yeah you could just take his turn and say player forfeit and guess what? you win. and it is a laget card.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
They had that sort of problem in the first (Alpha) edition...

They had a card which read "Target player loses next turn" some people took that phrasiology too seriously!

PsyB.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
youknow what i am not to fond of the new look for the magic cards they do not look nearly as cool(as cool as dorky things get anyway). they are white with a mattalic background. artifacts arewhite with silver backgrounds.

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
yeah. they look like a Windows version of magic cards.
i guess i don't think its quite so dorky cause i have friends who are into it and are quite good and actually aren't dorks
sorry i can't come at you with more magic jargon or anything...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Alpha will always look the best...

big blocky writing and misprints all over the place. Ahh those were the days!

PsyB.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Hah! I found a magic thread! Anyone here play? (Cos the last post was in 2003...)

*Bumpity Bump*

So anyone play Magic: The Gathering? Or "Tragic: The Addiction" as it is affectionately known?

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
i used to play a long long time ago... before the 1st turn black lotus + channel + fireball combo was banned

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Black Lotus is now banned in everything except Vintage... possibly even that. They have done a reasonable job of banning the broken cards that came out early on. Although there are still obviously stupid combos. ubbloco

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Page: