Forums > Social Chat > Last night's clubbing. (rant)

Login/Join to Participate

Bushido HEATmember
10 posts

Posted:
Well, last night me and my brother went clubbing last night, part rave, part hip-hop. But they let another room open up for all the techno enthusiast. Well, my brother and I went in there and cracked some glowsticks. Everything was going well and dandy, so I decided to bust out with my strings I started to swing (not fast) until some guy who wasn't watching were they were going almost got a taste of my white glow stick. It wasn't my fault, the area was empty, and the guy was watching some girls. Anyway, we just looked at each other, and I started to swing then a security guard said they allow glowsticks but not rope. (Needless to say I was pissed) madSo I was there raving with 4 glowsticks that I BOUGHT, and some girl (whom I've lent my glowsticks before this inncodent) asked for them, while I was watching her, and doing my own thing at the same time. ANOTHER girl wanted to borrow the other 2 glowsticks that I was using. Well, my nice nature, I let her borrow it, and while I was watching the 2nd girl, the first one slipped away and took my glowsticks!!! (needless to say I was PO'ed) It was acouple of hours later I would see her again, and once I saw her, I didn't even say anything. And looked at her pocket that was glowing white. And took my glowstick (not plural notice that?) and she said that someone STOLE MY WHITE GLOWSTICK!!! OK, WHO IN THE HELL DOES THIS GIRL THINK I AM!! I can see the white from your damn pocket woman, but my silent nature.. I didn't say a word I just took it. (Smart, eh? Take out one glowstick and then say someone stole it and then in the same pocket you took one glowstick the other one is there too.. slick, very slick) Well, I was back enjoying my rave until I saw that girl again talking to a guy who was dancing, and the guy looked over at me, and went up too me and asked for my glowsticks. I let him borrow it, but he tried to walk out in the other room with it (With that same damn girl too!!). I always keep an eye on someone that has my sticks, so when they were walking out of the room, talking to each other, I taped him on the shoulder and he gave me back my glow sticks (what the hell, what are you going to use glowsticks in the hip-hop room for?) Well, the hours passed by and they opened up the normal lights, but even though music was still playing it was evident that the club was going to close soon. So my brother and I left. Moral of the story, if you don't like asking things back (like myself) don't bring more than 2 glowsticks to a club where no one has glowsticks. Well, thanks for reading my rant, grin big smile for those who've read up to here. [This message has been edited by Bushido HEAT (edited 29 May 2001).]

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
hey Bushido!!! i hear ya!! i usually bring about 4-6 with me! i use like say 4 for my strings and then 2 for each of my pockets!! i've had probally by now AT LEAST a dozen glowsticks riped off! I think i'll take yor advice though! from now on, i think i'll watch them! i'm really sick of looking for these people with my glowsticks when the night is closing out and the place is still packed!!! just droppn' a line to let you know i feel yor pain!!! Plur!------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Both of you should grow some balls and get back what belongs to you.Perhaps next time someone asks to borrow your little glowstix, you can say:"yeah, but as soon as I want them back I'll come let you know"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I have two principles which come into play with this kinda situation..1) Dont loan anything out that you couldnt bare to lose2) Dont loan anything to someone that you would be afraid of asking for it back from.I sometimes loan fire equipment to ppl at parties, and I usually say something like, bring it back as soon as you finish...if they dont, I go straight over there and take it back, and give em a meaningful look (not overtly agressive - just a - yeah I *do* care that you didnt honour the agreement I leant this item to you under type look). and then continue having a good time. hey - your experience might suggest that you not loan stuff to ppl at raves anymore...especially things that ppl can easily pocket...seeya,Josh-Some of my best friends are Ravers...*but*..

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Its hard to know who you can trust, but try not to lose your trust, its a valued gift.Don`t let anything spoil your night, here`s wishing you better luck for next time.------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i hate stupid security guards (speaking from experience, i got kicked out of a movie theater for having my crystal sticks, now i just go to the other theater smile they dont care over there because there is no reason to care, unless im like flinging them across the room or whatever, which i dont). anyway, i must just know cool ppl, cuz everyone i loan my stuff out 2 always brings it back, or leaves it lying around where i can find it easily (although sometimes they loan them out to other ppl...) but other people loan their stuff to me too, like once i had this dude i hadnt ever met before come up and give me like a freshly broken pair and tell me to hold onto them for him, i saw him like an hour later or something and gave them back. anyway, most of the ppl i chill w/ are cool so i dont have to worry about that stuff, but i can see how it would be really annoying. im sorry 4 your misfortune on the dance floor, hope all goes better in the future.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I can totally understand the frustration you feel. I make a party toy i call a *dragon tail* its a long ribbon made up of lots of triangles of kite material on a long stick (kind of like a gymnast ribbon). I used to lend them out at raves but have had several nicked and even worse ppl rip them up to add a bit of UV material to their outfit. The latter REALLY makes my blood boil. I have learned to say no now even tho it makes me look like a tight cow. I don't give a f**k what opinions ppl form of me cos i won't lend my stuff out, if it wasn't for inconsideration on others part then i would gladly lend out anything.Has anyone else noticed that when you are at an outdoor rave as soon as you light up someone comes over and tries to get a go on your firechains? After seeing several idiots who have never done it b4 beat themselves up i now ask the question "Have you done this b4?" and if they say no i refuse to let them anywhere near my fire stuff. On sat night a guy lied, but i had a feeling so i gave them to him unlit and he didn't have a clue. To get them back i had to have an argument for 10 mins and then when i started spinning he stood shouting abuse at me for about 1/2 hour. I just ignore this kind of negative behavoir as i am inside my safe ring of fire and no one can touch me. But the ppl that are great at fire spinning I ask you "Why dont you bring your own chains/fuel instead of always blagging mine?" I don't mind sharing but i meet the same ppl again and again and it feels like they are taking the piss!Sorry! Rant over. Sympathy to bushido and any1 else who gets these probs.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I never had the problem... Maybe living in NYC kept me vigilant about what was mine. There's always a polite way to say "no". Like I always tell my students when they get stuff stolen "Now you got an excuse to say no next time...'Sorry dude, people keep jackin them'" (feel free to adapt to local slang to meet your needs)Option 2: Sell 'em!

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Bushido HEATmember
10 posts

Posted:
Mrs.Smiling Face, I did get them back. BTW it's nice to hear people also have these problems.