Page:
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
My grandfather is termally ill with cancer! my uncle died in a car accident yesterday. he was also diagnosed with cancer.

i was going to write a huge thread about this.
i was going to write how scared i am for my grandmother. this amazing women who is so so strong, and watching her 'play' brave for dying husband even still when losing her brother yesterday!

I was going to write about my parents. good people who were both made redundant and have not been able to find work since. of my dad, now parentless standing by my mom- so desperate to do right by her fading dad, desperate to please him and keep everyone happy.

i was going to write for myself and my sisters. to be selfish and talk of our love for those who love us back and support us, and to say how incredible graefull we are to all of you who have been there for us and how honered we are to have you as freinds.

i was going to write. but i couldnt think of the words. it doesnt matter how poetic i try to make things and however much we all try to etch our memories, hope and love into words- it doesnt stop it hurting!

im sorry for putting this upon you guys. i just needed it to be said. things feel abit fallen at the seams! . . . and i know life is all ups and downs and is completely unpredictable . . but this is most definatly a down!

i guess i did write that thread afterall
sorry for the drama!
lolli

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
hey, ive lost family members to cancer all very close so i can relate to how u feel. everyone deals with it in their own way, if your a talker please feel free to pm, or add me to msn (pervert31@hotmail.com) it was nice to know their were ppl for me when i felt like the world was against me.

You only see what you are shown

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:

Honey. I'm sorry. Things always happen at the same time doesn't it feel? If you need to talk i'm here.

No need to appologise. We're all here for you.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

triple wordscoremember
75 posts

Posted:
Pink Poi has said wot i was gonna say so i will just reply with loads of

Cant Sleep Or The Clowns Will Get Me!!!!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
yeah theres not alot to be said apart from how sorry we all are and how were all here for you huni

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey beautiful princess!

So sad to hear about all of the sadness. My heart is certainly with you! If you close your eyes maybe you can imagine one of those super snuggly hugs that we traded a few days ago.

You are an angel and I wish you the best of strength through this. One of these days you're going to start getting dealt good hands. I can't wait to see the smiles when you do.

Did you ever check under your matress my princess? Or do you still think I'm kidding?! Please do the next time your at Uni. (Really!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
And Pleeeeeeease stop apologizing for your existance my sweet. There's no need for "sorry"s for such things as wanting to share things with your friends. You make all of our lives brighter and we are happy to be here for you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:

You've always got my number - xxx

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
tons of

You know you have all these lovely peeps here for you and if you ever need a chat and cheering up you are most welcome to call me.

Missing you, have not seen you in too long and hope things work out.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Couldn't think of the words?

You said it all so eloquently sweet one.

I know how you feel, I went through similar stuff when i was a little bit older than you.

I'm here for you - can't do phone chatty stuff but I'm only a text or email away - 2531 fraggle 's for you.

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Ani ohevet otcha nasicha sheli

I love you and send you all my hugs and more
please check your PM angel.

SHINE ON
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
There's a candle in the darkness, lit for a beleagured soul.

Can't advise, but can empathise, cancer and emphysema took my grandfather several summers back. Hugs youur way,

Love and light

spiral

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i know how little words can mean at a time like this. especially from someone you dont really know but im gonna say um anyway cause im annoying like that. sometimes it seems like life wont let up on you. try to remember that your blessed to have had the time you had. whenever i feel sad about people i have loved and lost i try to hold on to the good times we have had and not the times i have lost. remember that we are all spirits and spirits never die. we will all meet again at the end of time. keep your head up

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Here's some and

I know what is like to lose family. My great grandmother who I was close to died just last Saturday and it was a yr and a day after my grandmother's death. My friend Oreo (chris) is in Colorado with cancer that has caused him to lose his leg and now has spread into his bones. He has only a couple months if that to live. It sucks I know, but life will get better it always seems to work out that way.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh Darling, dont apologise!

we're here to hug you when you need it, and I'm sending a mass load of hugz and snuggly thoughts your way right now!

much love
xoxoxxoxox
Flynty

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hey little bright person

Am just remembering your bright sparky face from when you were in Sydney. And remembering what an amazing mixture of tough and gentle you were.

You are a lovely person who is able to be strong, and yet be open to others helping you at the same time. Don't be afraid to ask for help from others, because I know you will be giving so much to your family right now.

When you need us, we are here.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
There's not really anything I can say that's not already been said, so here's some hugs:

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Sweetie,
This board and the people on it are like family, so when one of us hurts lolli, we all hurt babe.We are all happy to be here for you. I wish that I could give you a cuddle. I beleive that physical contact is the most healing of all but due to the distance between us, I will let my words speak for me.
Your family seems to be going through the hardest and most testing of times, and you will need all the support that you can get.
A few things to remember at time like this are that it is ok to lean on people that you are close to for support, it is also important to remember that you are a beautiful person and that you have proven that time and time again, espically by what you have written above, in showing the compassion for your family by also understanding the effect that their grief is having on them.
Any time that you need a friend, all you have to do is log on hun, we will spread out our arms and catch you when you need it...

Non-Https Image Link

If you need anything...anything at all PM me I will be here for a listening ear and to send love your way.
I will send some absent healing for you and all your family and also your uncle as well...
I look foward to the time when the sun is shining for you again...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Sweetie, you have my sympathies. My dad just died and I made big drama, too. You're entitled.

Feel free to PM if you need to vent. I'm here.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:

take care hon. T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

call you soon
x

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
lolli, if you need to talk, im here for you?you were so nice to me, i can only hop ei can help you when you need it!

Mechhead15@yahoo.com (yahoo messenger)
Mechhead15@hotmail.com (MSN)
192498410 (ICQ)

if you need me im there ok.......

hugs and kisses sweetie!

and that goes for anyone else too.....just call/mail/PM/message me and ill do my best

hugs ang kisses (oviously there'll be a line, but its worth it if it could make it better)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Step (el-nombrie)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Lolli, I'm sorry to hear this bad news for you. I'm sure things are going to pick up in the future. You're far to lovely to be sad. You have my best wishes for the future.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:

sambomember
18 posts

Posted:

The way people are taken from us is hateful, there is no choice or negotiation, death is the only thing in life we can be certain of. Yet you can never prepare for it.

Lolli, the way you shared your sadness touched my heart. I know no words can help at the moment.
But your obviously from a close loving family that have the strength to pull together and cope with this. You show great empathy and strength in your acceptance of the situation, which is a rare quality.
Keep strong
s

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
been trying to call you almost all afternoon... got your number from a lovely londoner (thank you Cam, you are just as usefull as the yellow pages only a lot cuter and much more huggable )
BUT YOU WERE ON THE PHONE ALL THE TIME SISTER
that makes me happy cause it means you were being given love by others who love you too
I am going to be away for tghe week end but i will try again next week.
Soooooo much love and respect for you and so many hugs to give you... gotta see you soon otherwise I might explode

thank you for being the amazing princess that you are cheer up nasicha ktana

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
oh my gods

Thank you Thank you Thank you so much everyone for all of your beutifull and lovely replies!

i showed this thread to my mom, who cried. she said to thank you too.
the funeral was moved to yesterday and my grandma starts sitting shiva tomorrow. i know she'll be strong and that makes me want to be strong. knowing you guys are there make me strong!

the memory of yesterday is still painful though. ive never seen my grandfather so "old"!! he has always been so vibrant but its hard for him to be like that anymore, the more scared he gets from this the more withdrawn he is. he starts hes next batch of radiotherapy on tuesday! multitude of body parts crossed!

to all those who have been through similar or other heartaching experiances, im sorry! its a painfull, teared filled thing to go through and as you say to me, you are not alone. Hugz to those for the memories.

Mistress Aurora and lightning. my condolences to you for your recent losses and many many hugz and love and thoughts to both of yours and Oreo's way at this time.

miss angel-Danae. my phone has been down off network all today (sat) and was off yesterday coz of the funeral. cant wait to hear you voice again!

to all of HOP: you are the most amazing, compassionate lovely people ive ever been lucky enough to know. thank you so much. . i wish they had smiling crying smilies!

im just sorry if this has brought up any bad memories for anyone!

lolli

[ 31. August 2003, 05:02: Message edited by: lolli ]

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh damn it, did you apoligize again?!?!

We love you lolli, stop apoligizing! PLEASE!

My Great Aunt (Grandmas sister) passed away this morning. I'll be thinking of your shiva at my wake Ms. Lolli. My heart is with you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: