Forums > Social Chat > What would you do if you answered the door to find yourself standing there?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
NOTE: just this once, DON'T read other people's answers until you have added your own

Picture this;

There is a knock at the door, you go to answer it and when you open the door you see yourself standing there...

What do you do?

(it's not a clone or an evil twin, it's YOU. and you are still you. what do you do...)

[ 20. August 2003, 22:01: Message edited by: Magnus ]

Magnus... pay it forward

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
I would give self a big hug & kiss, drag self inside & ask the Smurfs to put the kettle on.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hey... if the same cellular matter came into contact at the same time, in the same time space, wouldnt it all morf together? Scary stuff. So all the people that hugged each other would stick together.....thats the stuff that nightmares are made from...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Quite possibly I'd invite them in, then I, myself, would walk out the door, leaving the new self that just turned up to take over my life. I'd leave by saying "I'm going out now, I could be some time", and then I don't think I'd ever come back.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Ade, Brilliant Quote m'dear, brilliant!

Makes me feel all antartically...

or, south poley.
or somewhere cold...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
get extremely paranoid when he started saying "ben, ben, ben, ben, ben ben ben ben ben ben...!"
oh and quit working on the 7.5th floor.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Ow, my brain! :freak: Don't make me think...

Okay, what would I -really- do? I'd probably run around shrieking in little circles until I creeped myself out and I left myself to fall panting on the floor. Or I'd hit myself with a book. Or perhaps devise some scheme to gain money for being identical twins. Or-... Ow. My brian! Will the madness never end..?

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RedFirEmember
4 posts

Posted:
My Staffies'd never let that happen. hahahahhaahhaa

--->>find who'se at the door blazer, where'd they go? fetch blazer.....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
think i'd been reading too much Kafka

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I'd ask for two shrubberies, with a path going down the middle.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
I would invite myself in and have a jam! I could play the guitar AND the bass at the same time. And have harmony vocals... that would be cool. Then we'd probably have a fight about which one is the real me, and one of us would end-up sleeping on the couch

Maybe rent a tandem and see how fast we could go. Or play a match of badminton against me -or with me, in doubles... The possibilities!

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

cRYstalWavemember
40 posts
Location: from the fiery heart of the british isles.(that be...

Posted:
Hmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn. i'd probably think......hhhmmmnn, nice style but what happened to the hair?.........and say....... "Hey, do i know you?"........
then play tricks on the general public.......always wanted an identical twin.....but, man....no-not a good idea, one of me is enuf!!!.......
although, would it mean i'd have twice as many clothes to choose from?....
or would they be the side of me that i am not?........
would they have the same personality as me.....
or would they be , like, my alter-ego???

To be honest...... I would probably invite me in for a chat....then maybe the searching for yourself would be a little easier and understanding yourself would be less of a challenge....... Not a bad idea actually....i might understand what's happening right now in my life!!!!!......oh, there's nothing like being.... your own best friend!!!!!!

--------------- x ---------------

...........The most inspiring thing that anyone has ever said to me was........Life is nothing without dreams..... or was it life's too short to eat pistachio's????

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
i'd probably get totally freaked out and close the door .. think about it for a moment then out of curiosuty open the door again and ask me in for a glass of ribeana and jaffa cakes and chat ...but then what would we chat about cos its me?!?!?!!an we think the same and know all the stuff thats in our head...man i dont like this game anymore!

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bender™:
I'd ask for two shrubberies, with a path going down the middle.
.... to give that nice split level effect.

.....Nee

So much fire, so little body hair...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Tell my ass to get to work, and go back to bed!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
I would mabe ask "me" some personal questions just to check if "me" is me. If "me" really is me, I would probably ask "me" and me how the f*** did this happen????

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
i guess i would do many things... of course, i would have to do them too, so he can see the same...

- first of all: freak out.

- ask me to spin, so i can see where i could get better or what looks good...

- fall in love wiht me

- look at me closely to see what other see when they watch me

- maybe sex would be somewhere in there too... does that make me an egosexual??

don't know, could be funny to walk around with him and freak people out...

[EDITED for thoughts about sex...]

[ 24. August 2003, 04:20: Message edited by: SaBBaS ]

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
ide look myself up and down then slam the door in my face!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

xbutterflyxcorpsexmember
4 posts

Posted:
Probably poke my other persons eye to see if it hurts me...ya know like one of those optical mcthingys...hmmm...
or just scream, run away and hide, which ever comes to mind first.
xx

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Probably the same thing as I did the last time that happened. Actually getting pretty routine. Damn parallel universes!

birdgirlBRONZE Member
48 posts

Posted:
i would get myself to turn around so thet id know once and for all if my bum really does 'look big in this'

spig--------Its not big and its not clever.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Say: christ i am so drunk/hight and or high or both.

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I would probably say something along the lines of:

"what the f*ck?!"

erm....hi?!

going back to that masterbation idea..

would you consider it dodgy to have a *cough cough* whilst looking at teh other you cos..you will have seen each others "bits"...or is it just too egotistical to have a *cough cough* awhile watching your other self do it too?

im going now.

that was just odd.

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
First i'd probably thik it was just my twin sister dressed like me then when i realized it was really me i'd freak out and want to get ride of the other me i already have someone else that looks like me i dont need another person also. Actually i'd probably ask the other me how i got there first then try to reverse it. Or maybe i'd just faint when i saw the other me at the door. who knows.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok so I haven't looked at anyone elses answers yet so this may seem completely out of place.

I'd go for a pint with myself cause it'd be like and opportunity to really find out what's bothering you, where you want to go and what you really want to do.

You could listen to yourself and stop yourself if it sounded like you were beginning to talk cr@p. You know the way thoughts can be confusing and you go round and round in circles all the time contradicting yourself, well now you have an opportunity to take and objective outsider view with special insider knowledge and understanding.

Better than any shrink anyday. I'm great I am

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
awwww bless ya DSS thats the most well thought out answer ive heard yet

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Page: