Forums > Meet Others > Any Alabama/Southern U.S. Spinners?

Login/Join to Participate

sydviciousstranger
5 posts

Posted:
I've been playing around with basic poi spinning for only a few weeks now,
and I'd love to find some people around my area to play around with.
I travel a lot, though, so if there's no one in my area,
I'd definitely vroom a few hundred miles to meet up with some cool people who love this as much as I do smile

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i live in southern illinois and about 45 minutes from here in evansville indiana every sunday they have a fire show where there is about 30 or more people who spin fire

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

sydviciousstranger
5 posts

Posted:
Wow, do you know how long they have been/plan to keep doing this? I'll be available to travel in August and I'd love to come and check it out if they'd still be there then.

Patrick_PulliamGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
There's a massive flow arts movement in Atlanta. When I lived in Montgomery, AL I traveled to Atlanta a lot to participate. They have a "Play in the Park" event every 2 weeks to get together ands also organize local burn events and the like.

9 posts

sydviciousstranger
5 posts

Posted:
Patrick, thanks! Seems I might change my travel plans for this one, it sounds great.

You wouldn't happen to know any good cities for busking with poi, would you? I'm not into fire yet, but I have some quality LED, and I'm not sure if people have done that before or if it's even marketable enough.

9 posts

Posted:
Sorry, I've never done any busking before. I don't know how LED poi would go, but I am sure you could find somewhere. Here in Norway I have actually had people THINK I was busking and insist I take money even when only doing LED poi.... but then it's not as common over here as it is stateside it appears.