Forums > Meet Others > New Zealand ahoy! (with quick side step to Aus and Thailand..)

Login/Join to Participate

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
so finally my itchy feet are being relieved (YAY!) and I am heading out to New Zealand arriving on the 10th september, hoping to spend the first month in the north island before heading down to meet friends in the south for a while. Im planning to go to Thailand in April and sometime before then spend some time in Aus, possibly going to Woodford but still undecided on that front..
aaanyways, I would love to meet up with some of you fellow HoPpers, have a spin, have a drink, possibly beg a space on a couch/floor for a night, anyone up for it? Xx

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Tell us where you're going in Oz!

926 posts

Posted:
im planning to do the rest of the east coast that I didnt manage last trip because of unforeseen circumstances, so between melbourne and cairns I think. I've heard perth and west coast are beautiful but as im only over for a month max dont think i'll manage to get over that way..

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
shocked !!!!!

ME ME ME ME ME!!! grin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

926 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! Brenn for sure will give you a shout when Im in Melb grin

Owned by Brenn smile

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
chwhoop, let me know when you hit christchurch as there's a bunch of us at circus school who'll be more than happy to meet you and have a few drinks. There's also a kickass festival in dunedin (further south still) called circulation in november which is one of the better ones we have in NZ for circussy type stuffs.

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
if ya pass through townsville on the way to cairns i will catch up for a drink and give ya some pointers on whats good to do in town

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

926 posts

Posted:
yay!! Point Blank, awesome, I'm hoping to be in Dunedin around October November anyways, as thats where the majority of my friends are, also might be doing wee mini tour with a friends band perhaps singing a couple of songs in between sets for him, not sure yet though. Will keep this post updated anyway to let folk know when and where I am, definitely will be in Christchurch at some point!
How much are tickets to Circulation? Sounds good, I've also been recommended to go for Voyage festival..?

triptician, will definitely be in touch, I think I'll only be spending a month or so in Aus so might juts be a quick day or two in Townsville but would be loely to meet up smile

Owned by Brenn smile

926 posts

Posted:
oooh! I'm here! Arrived in Auckland yesterday, heading to Rotorua on Tuesday and making my way to the top of the south for the end of the month, excited!!
Any suggestions for must see/must do places of wonder and awe and the like?

Point Blank, think I should be going to Circulation, see you there?

hope all you ChristChurchers are all ok, and things can start rebuilding to equilibrium again soon.. sending much love to you all and hope to meet you soon Xx

Owned by Brenn smile

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
Get on the circulation bandwagon wooo!!

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Yeehaa, bring on circulation!

Tickets are a wee bit pricey ($130) but totally worth it.

welcome to NZ, we hope you are enjoying your stay so far and haven't been assaulted by our rabid sheep population tongue2

Chch is ok for the most part now after the quakes, still getting hit with after shocks which are frequently above 4.0 on the scale.

Catch ya when you hit the South Island

926 posts

Posted:
yay! Although I'm not sure I can afford $130 without getting a job really soon...is there any way to get a free ticket? Stwearding or anything?
I'm in the South Island now, heading to Hanmer Springs in a couple of days so will see where my feet take me after that!
X

Owned by Brenn smile

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
how was hamner? relaxing a spa-full I hope. Give us a shout if you're in chch before heading to dunedin as it's holidays for circoarts so we've all got time to play at the moment.

Catch ya

926 posts

Posted:
hey, yep I liked it so much I decided to stay! Got myself a job and everything! Should still be able to get time off for circulation, if I get a volunteer spot ill be there, if not its a bit too expensive so will have to see. Want so come to ChCh at some point too and spend time with all you lovely folk smile Point Blank when do your hols finish? Xx

Owned by Brenn smile

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Sounds like you've found yourself a good spot then smile

The holidays finish at the end of this week but if yoou ever want to make a weekend trip down then we'll all be around.

Not sure if you can get volunteer tix for circulation anymore but if you have a job then I highly recommend going anyway, there isn't a circus fest in NZ that tops it that I've seen yet.

Have fun in Hamner

926 posts

Posted:
rubbish! Guys I cant get circulation weekend off as we're short staffed, really wanted to come and play and meet all you lovely folk! However, I will be roaming around ChristChurch sometime in the next few months, and will let you know when I do. Also, who has NZ plans for New Year? Where's the best spot to go? I'm thinking about going to Phat but also up for any other recommendations!
Xx

Owned by Brenn smile

926 posts

Posted:
ahaha, scratch that, my weekend is covered, see all you crazy kids at circulation! Xx

Owned by Brenn smile

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Yeehaa, bring on circulation, whoop whoop

926 posts

Posted:
oh dear, my confusion has become great...so not circulation (boooo) but native fusion on the sat night (yaaay!) see you on the dancefloor? Not sure if I'll be able to find a pink carnation but ill definitely have dreads with a seashell in them, and a lip piercing... tongue2 sunny grin

Owned by Brenn smile

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
I missed you down at circulation but any time you're in Chch drop me aline and we can sort you out with a place to crash and cool people to hang with.

Did you have fun down there?

926 posts

Posted:
haha yeah for sure! was excellent fun, looking forward to the next party haha smile I'm actually in ChCh at the moment, not sure for how long, got a place to stay but would love to meet up at some point.. do you guys have a fire meet at all? Will PM you my number and we can go for a pint or a play or something smile sunny

Owned by Brenn smile