Forums > Meet Others > Any regular meets in Byron Bay?!

Login/Join to Participate

lady_louSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone! I have just settled in Byron Bay, I know there is a spinning scene here but just wondering if there are any regular meets happening. I have heard of a few things about but not sure on details.

If anything is happening i'd love to know,

Thanks, Lou smile

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Everytime i've asked around for info on regular meets i've never been able to get a definitive answer. Usually just get told to check out down at the beach that night - which is usually the best place.

It could be worth dropping in to fairy floss, fairly sure they did poi/staff lessons in the park near their shop - or they had details for the people who do. Good store to know about anyway grin

Also, can be worth checking at the arts factory. They will often have different night time events there, and depending on who's travelling though at that point they may have someone teaching whatever they are in to. That can usually lead to regular jams.

If you do find anything regular I would love to know, as you said there is a scene but it seems fairly sporadic. Otherwise haven't met any really serious spinners down there, mainly beginners getting in to it while on holiday.

Otherwise, in Brisbane you've got juggle jam on a monday night and milton on a tuesday bounce2

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
*pops head in* smile

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

treloarGOLD Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'm staying at the art factory atm and they had poi worshops today at 5-6. I think its for beginers tho, never made it there in time. Its on every friday same time from wat i can gather. I only just arrived in Byron today and staying here for a few weeks so if your keen for a spin hit me up with an e-mail. ssppaannkk@hotmail.com

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Find Duncan at the art factory - last time i visited he was night manager - he a canadian guy who lives in the run down caravan right at the back of the camping area - he'll be they guy to ask if your ever in byron.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

treloarGOLD Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
ok thanks, might go find out now smile