Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
For anyone thats intrested iv just noticed that details for this years BJC are now on there Web site.
www.bjc2009.co.uk

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
The Bristol Juggling Convention - now in Norwich
umm

Oddness

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*Facepalm*

British not Bristol - that makes more sense.

Pesky Friday-morning brain

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
The Durbs - now without brain
laugh3

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Hi,

All the preparations are nearing completion point so it's high time we told who you might be seeing and or learning from at this years BJC :-)

The workshop timetable isn't finished yet but a small selection of workshop already confirmed include:

Jon Peat on creating 3 ball body moves (https://juggling.tv/video/2478/jon-peat-lestival-09)
The Torwood Wheelers running a number of german wheel workshops (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNMvNGnSQXE)
Andy Wakeford will be introducing the levistick to BJC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dzfo7VJRS4)

As well as nail in nose and walking on broken glass and multi person double dutch skipping.

There will be the usual good range of workshops covering beginner, intermediate and advanced use of balls, rings and clubs, 1 diabolo and two diabolo including 2D orbits and workshops by Tempei Arakawa, 1 and 2 Devilstick(s), acrobalance and unicycle. Some of these haven't yet been arranged so if you can help please do email workshops@bjc2009.com and someone will get back to you.

This year we are going all out on the fire show, with professional fire performances from some of the top fire performers in the UK

Performances by;
Chimaera
Cutting Edge Circus
Juggling Inferno
Rob Fiery
MCP
Spangle Pants
G

Some of the artist in fire show will also be offering workshops on their respective skills.

We will announce some top acts for the public show very soon :-)

Team BJC2009

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Why do you never give us a link to your website?
FAIL
Why don't you give us a link to the pre-reg page?
DOUBLE FAIL

Except I'll do all the work myself AND give you my money thanks to this timely reminder

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
That'll be www.bjc2009.com for info

and

https://store.bjc2009.com/
for a direct link to Pre-reg

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Oh, and your payment procedure sucks ass. Just use paypal

Sorry, I'm pished and more fractious than usual. But you have made this an unnecessary PITA

One would think that, given the feedback you had thus far received in re: amount of information available that you would put some extra effort in to make pre-reg easy.

It has to be said (bearing in mind that I'm 3/4 of the way through my second bottle of wine of the night, and so might not be quite so politic as I may otherwise be), that you have been less than forthcoming with the information that the BJC attending public would've liked. You have tried our patience with no information followed by postponing and exacerbated this by a continuing lack of information.

Doubtless many of us (myself included) will be along anyway, but I seriously doubt that you will find even an average number of attendees given your relatively poor communication with the BJC-and-potentially-interested-public. Which is a shame. As a previous BJC organiser I know how much work has to go into the event; it seems to me that you have become too absorbed in the minutiae to remember that you need people to come. Whilst I appreciate your holding off until you had firm information on the event, this tactic has now potentially backfired and has left people wondering what's going on, even to the extent of the event itself happening*.

(*Yes, really. But only one person I've met. However, extrapolate from that and you've got a big issue)

My apologies for the rambling bits. I did warn you about the alcohol though...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
As Jak has already said, we are going all out on the fireshow at this years BJC. I'm just finalising the show and it's looking to be a stonker! 45 minutes of 12 of the best fire routines in the business! (minus Flame OZ unfortunately, they are out of the country).

No more will there be acts throw together on the night, all these routines are well rehearsed and are performed professionally to the corporate market. We want to show jugglers that fire spinning is not just a bunch of disorganised hippies throwing fire around!

There isn't a single act you wouldn't want to see so make sure you are there by Thursday night!

"Don't do it naked!"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
This isn't meant to sound pissy but:
Chimaera - Bristol
Cutting Edge Circus - Bristol
Juggling Inferno - Half-bristol (Unless it's just Tim)
Rob Fiery - Bristol
MCP
Spangle Pants - Bristol
G

You could almost replace "Bristol" with "Old-skool Chimaera Crew" wink
Variety being the spice of life and all that...
(Not that I'm saying it won't be an amazing show, just possibly a little narrow in scope)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
Hi Hoppers

If you are having issues with the prereg email prereg(a)bjc2009.com and let Emily know I'm sure she'll be able to help.

As you're probably aware BJC is completely organised by volunteers who put a lot of their time into trying to make a BJC happen and we stepped up with no preperation at '08 in the absence of anybody else willing to make it happen in 2009.

We've had problems almost every step of the way with voluinteers having to pull out and venues being S**t and now that everything is falling into place for a brilliant BJC we're trying to get the info out as quickly as we can. Apologies if this hasn't been fast enough some.

I'm also aware that the Pre-reg system has problems, some people can use it some cant :-S but unfortunately it is already in place. Lesson learned. If you have issues you an still pay by cheque (post)or drop a quick email to the address above.

The fire show is promising to be awesome and many thanks to Sandy stepping in to organise it when the old organiser pulled out.

Looking forward to seeing some of you next month.

Peace.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DurbsThis isn't meant to sound pissy but:
Chimaera - Bristol
Rob Fiery - Bristol
MCP
Spangle Pants - Bristol
G

(Not that I'm saying it won't be an amazing show, just possibly a little narrow in scope)

Let's all piss on Sandy's bonfire tongue2 laugh3

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
tongue2
It's not meant as a criticism, merely an observation

Quote:
many thanks to Sandy stepping in to organise it when the old organiser pulled out

This now makes more sense and I retract my statement wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DurbsThis isn't meant to sound pissy but:
Chimaera - Bristol
Rob Fiery - Bristol
MCP
Spangle Pants - Bristol
G

It's not my fault everyone moved to Bristol wink but yea its a little Bristol biased, 8 out of 14 performers are Bristol based of which 6 have been in Chimaera. If you include all the places the people in Bristol moved here from you've got most of the country covered though tongue2

I was gonna ask more groups but i filled up 45 minutes really quickly.

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Posted that before i read the above, i'll retract that as well then in the interest of fairness smile

"Don't do it naked!"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
laugh3

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I like bristol. I might move there.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: mcpI like bristol. I might move there.

Do it. It's what all the cool kids are doing wink

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Nah, clearly the cool kids have already done it, I'm just playing catch up.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Totally off-topic but is there a Bristol JC this year or have i missed it? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
RE Bristol: https://www.thenumber1.jugglingconvention.co.uk/Page2.html

The things I do for hot girls... smile

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
Yeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I have the time off from work for the BJC (Norwich) and the BJC (bristol)!!!!!!!!! I guess i will be seing you guys there!!!

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes... but that's another story all together.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
BJC :-D

Do we have a line-up for the Gala (non fire Gala) or is that going to be a suprise?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Holiday booked grin

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
my f**k off manager is still gonna have a fit when i leave for this even though i've booked it off ages ago cause he's a w*nker

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
Even I now spend half my time in bristol and Im a northern monkey!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I don't think I'm gonna go. frown

Too expensive for me. I don't fancy paying for a BJC this year. I was asked to give a workshop, but a free meal is not enough reward for doing so at a bjc when I would have to pay for travel and entry myself.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

asphyxiastranger
13 posts

Posted:
What time will the gate be open to buy tickets? Think i'll be arriving 18:30-19:00

Amor Vincit Omnia

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
The Website has been updated :-)

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
See ya tomorrow.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!