Forums > Help! > Online Telephone/Free Call Services

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have any advice about the best free/cheap online phone service to call internationally?

I was looking at Skype, and wondering what others are out there.

Thanks!
beerchug

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i havent look into it that hard.. skype is easy, i used that while i travelled.. im sure theres probably cheaper ones out there, but i know people who use skype in europe, so i can talk to them for free, and make calls to other people for cheap, one program is easier than two i say smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
yeah the best i have come across is also skype.
It is really reliable and i also know a lot of people that use it so heaps of free phone calls.

I also find it really use full for spaming friends about upcomeing events by text message beacuse it is quite cheep.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Skype is pretty stable. And its completely free computer to computer. Lots of people have use skype so that gives a lot of scope for free calls. And if both people have webcam or a built in cam like MacBooks have, you can have free video type calls where you can see each other.That's great.
Skype's also got an easy chat capacity so you can send messages to set up calls easily.

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1228831530)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
X Lite 3.0 and any of your local SIP VoIP operator.

Erm, asterisk home PBX anyone?

arrrgh,

:R

hug

POI THEO(R)IST

jason_scipleBRONZE Member
^---(In The Bushes stealing your poi moves MWHAHAHA)
25 posts

Posted:
Skype was not that bad it was like 3 dollars US a month but I didnt like that In order to cancel you had to go through a lot of confusing pages like are you sure you want to cancel your service click these boxes and ads and what not but the service was decent sometimes I would get this stupid static Also In order to get incomming calls you need to buy a number witch was like 39.99 US a year when I was using it, other wise it will just show up as unknown number on caller ID . That is for computer to phone calls computer to computer is free with them . also they will deduct the money from your checking account each month I was not aware of this in the first month and the money was not there so I had a bad check fee frown

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
We use someone elses ventrilo.
Is much good.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Hannah_ZitoSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
I don't know if my purchase is going to the right address