Page:
Lazarusmember
11 posts

Posted:
Anyone ever experiment using poi with magic mushrooms? Tried it and found it was pretty good. Although it makes it much, much easier to get distracted it enhances dexterity and reflexes, and makes the visual effects very impressive. Any such experiences out there anyone would like to share?
btw I was using electroglows. dont have fire, but to be honest wouldnt have liked to try it underthe circumastances. call me a wuss...

one solution... revolution

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I find mushrooms just make me enjoy the beauty of the fire, the warmth of the flame and the symetry more...I dont think they help my technique tho. For me LSD does the things you are talking about.

Josh

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
How do you attach the shrooms to your poi? I find mine always fly off at high speed..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
lol.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
double lol

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:

Still not got a ticket tho'

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Mushrooms are wicked to spin on .. I got the BTB weave on them.. good for opening creatinve channels..

I would also say have a go on special K (thats just plain funny).. but that is dirty dirty and drugs are bad umkay!?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
are we allowed to talk about this stuff here...?

anyway niki, thats bloody slander that is!
(and are you sure btb was frommushrooms? )
k (one of my preferred spinny chemicals) is not dirty and drugs are not bad.
umkay, some of them are but not all of them.

now i would never recommend abusing chemicals but the evidence for poi enhancement is undoubtably there - i got my pendulums sorted while on the horses, isolations locked in after the leary liquid and i'd never be able to do hyperloops without the aid of all those cups of tea (assam preferably).

if anyone disagrees, come to glastonbury and explain it to me there

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Mwuhahahahah!!! Cole, mate - I think we are gonna have a WHALE of a time at Glasto.. I can't wait..

Ahaa.. you got me.. written evidence.. BUT! I was sensoring my self.. Stella and shh..rooms ..

but err.. maybe this should be taken off the forums.. there could be unexperience eyes, don't wanna mess anyones else's head up like I've done mine

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
One of my favourite spins was sponsored by mushroom brew, at the Hendon house actually. I communicated directly with the poi, and asked them to go places instead of me forcing them to spin where they didn't want to. Nothing exists except the poi.

Ooooo! goosebumps!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhhh!

so thats how you are so amazing at spinning...and theres me thinking it was due to the 9 years of spinning when it is in fact that you are actually connected to your poi via some crazy mental link...you ask and they do!

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
fire is beautiful on shr00ms, jedi mind tricks work fantastically too...

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Any mind expanding substances are fun to spin on. Well, I don't take man made drugs anymore except LSD unless they have been proven safe (Vitamins, anti-biotics if I REALLY need them). I don't even take headache or cold medicine anymore, haha. Mind expansion is completely different though, as there are religious / spiritual reasons for my use of them, and anyone who doubts those applications needs some reading time with Mr Leary (and application to see the truth in those words).

That said, all I wanna say is I learned how to do most of the basic moves with a staff during two nights of acid last summer, and half of what I am now capable of with poi on shrooms a few weeks ago. Dedicate yourself to learning one thing every time you take hallucinagens: your mind is far more creative and powerful and you'll find you can learn just about anything you put your mind to. My current list is: staff, poi, liquid dancing, (a little) break dancing, mastering one Kung Fu Token, and my favorite, the nature of enlightenment (That is a fun one if you get to it, try reading Leary's "Psychedelic Experience" and applying the knowledge therein on shrooms).

I found last time that I could count the beats and swing my poi with the music if I tried to absorb myself in it which ended up being one of my funnest spins ever... may have just been that the band was playing some predictable four beat song, but I seem to remember having to deal with a tyraid of other tempos too...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Im pretty sure this thread will be locked once a mod finds it but I have a suggestion.

What about makeing a passworded forum where people who are 19+ can discuss things such as this in private? The password would have to be handed out very sparingly to people who can be trusted but it would give a venue for this kind of discussion. It would also stop google from picking up those nasty words that will wind homeofpoi rated inappropriate for kiddies.

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
ive spun while rolling but not shrooming i think lsd definately helps you do things you never knew you could do deffinately eye candy.
Non-Https Image Link
but i find that when I spin sober now its just not the same... no more drugs for me
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Its not easy being green....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Spinning fire while on drugs is stupid. Just thought I'd say that.

Now, spinning practice poi while on shrooms? Heck, that's how I learned to flow. I learn moves sober and I learn how to flow while tripping.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
I dont think i've ever stopped laughing on lsd long enough to pick up my poi...mite give it a go on shrooms tho...you've all inspired me

A beautiful person needs no other merit than they're own existence!

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I'd have to agree...
drugs&fire = silly
(but it looks/feels amazing!!!)

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Lazarusmember
11 posts

Posted:
that k idea sounds inetresting, will have to try it. say I just arrived do i take it there's some kind of special spinners tent or something at Glastonbury? spinning there would be good, specially on mushromms. next mission - mushrooms, poi, in Tintagel!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning+++:
Spinning fire while on drugs is stupid. Just thought I'd say that.

Ditto.

I spin/live clean these days.

I would be suprised if the mods lock this thread. HoP has always had drug conversations and they've never been locked down before. Although it was decided collectively ages ago that less random drug references on the site would be preferable. Newbies can search for a thread called 'altered states' and "Altered States' which discuss these issues in more depth.

I cannot understand the reference to K and spinning. As I remember on K it is hard to co-ordinate yourself into picking up your poi let alone spinning them.

Are we nearly there yet?

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Oddly enough k and spinning can work amazingly... as long as you don't take too much. But even then as long as you can stand (barely) you can spin... it's all muscle memory rather than conscious thought after all!

But k helps because it makes you hyper-aware of how your body is moving, and allows you to be break down your bodies movements nicely. For me it sure helped with buzzsaw isolations a while ago.

Agreed that cid is great for getting your flow down

"Moo," said the happy cow.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
err, shoudl just say that uf you have never experienced what people are talking about here.. don't be silly and try it by yourself.. if you must experiment with illicet (sp) substances, find someone who knows about it and can show you the ropes..

Takes off sensible hat..

rite then - by the sounds of it - this weekend is going to be a marshmellow man spinning weekend.. down the key hole we go... ooo.. hello Alice.. where's the mad hatter?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thistle - horseydust does for me what dom said shrooms did for him.

k is a dissociative and as such means you gradually become 'disconnected' from your body with increasing dose.
when i spin on it, i find i have less awareness of my limbs and just sort of find myself floating there enjoying the show
i especially like using long uv poi that extend out of my peripheral vision - gives the impression of two thick orange lines sweeping around me (kind of sonar-like).

i will admit that k is the ball juggling antidote though

i'm gonna shut up now.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by coleman:
thistle - horseydust does for me what dom said shrooms did for him.

k is a dissociative and as such means you gradually become 'disconnected' from your body with increasing dose.

Really? Coleman, do stop trying to teach Granny to suck eggs

Are we nearly there yet?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sorry.

mind you, if you never span on k you probably just never did it enough

you know i invented this drug called 'cannabis' the other day too. you should try it, its really good and stuff. i can show you how to skin up if you want - i have a machine that does it and everything

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Flower fairyBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
Spinning on K is very amusing....

as coleman says
"i find i have less awareness of my limbs and just sort of find myself floating there enjoying the show"

I cannot coordinate myself at all when im on it usually but I can spin no probs.... soon as you stop tho you just fall straight over!!

some people take a walk in the rain and others just get wet

Smiling is infectious. Please pass this on.

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
LSD???? Josh, I have mad respect for you. I tripped tuesday night, and I'm just today picking my chains back up. There's no way I could spin on acid! I dunno, call me a wuss.

Now WATCHING someone else spin on mushies or acid is a different story!! It's quite an amazing site on psychadelics.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Naw, with acid your entire being becomes focussed on the spinning, it's amazing.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Lazarusmember
11 posts

Posted:
Tried lsd once and don't think I could have spun on it... kept on trying to do something, thought about doing it and then finally realised it wasn't happening in real life. so yeah, much respect to Josh... I do reckon it's best to stick to the ones nature makes rather than are brewed up in labs though, specially as regards spinning.
Coleman, your invention sounds most interesting. what on earth could this so-called "cannabis" be?

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
has anyone tried smoking crack then pouring all their parafin over hippies and lighting it and laughing at their screams. Mind expanding

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah jim, when me and my mates were 13 we used to do that for a laf, gives you a headache after a while...

Josh

Page: