TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
Is anyone going to this event???

I am flying from Philadelphia USA to attend this party. I am wondering if anyone from London would be nice enough to offer a Philadelphia Fire Arts spinnner a place to crash for the weekend. I dont take up much room and I am potty trained =)

Much thanks! biggrin

Below is the details of the trip:

London, Friday 25th May 2007

Hallucinogen In Dub LIVE!
Younger Brother Album Launch!

To celebrate the release of 'The Last Days of Gravity' - the latest album from electro-indie duo Younger Brother (Simon Posford and Benji Vaughan), we're pleased to announce that there is going to be another label night, at the Carling Academy, Brixton.

As well as a live performance from Younger Brother, there will be music brought to you by a whole host of other Twisted artists. Headlining will be a live set from psychedelic funk masters, Hallucinogen in Dub only ever seen once before on stage at Glastonbury with Ott and Simon Posford (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother) on guitars and effects, and with the legendary Youth (producer of The Verve, Embrace & Celtic Cross) on bass. With Twisted’s usual reputation for dance music events based around electronic performance, this is aspiring to be something different and promises to be a truly unique and original performance by the band, who is strongly influenced by the likes of Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and The Grateful Dead.

Other acts include - Maestro of the sonic arts, Ott, previewing new material from his eagerly awaited second album, Simon Posford with a thrilling Shpongle DJ set , and Benji Vaughan's Prometheus. Old school favorites Eat Static and Koxbox need no introduction and will be playing as well as Twisted's very own label manager Simon Holtom and other favourites including Youth, Simon Baring, Third Ear, Greg Hunter and many many more.

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You're flying from Phily for this? wow, you gotta be a fan! Sorry I can't provide a place to crash but if I see a US stylee spinner (you can spot 'em a ways away) I'll come over and say hello.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
This is going to be incredible! The line up of live acts is absolutely un-parralleled! I saw Hallicinogen in Dub the only other time they've played live and that was special, and I'm uber excited about an actual live Younger Brother... I can't wait! biggrin
bounce

tutuman - I live too long a way out of London for it to be worth crashing (or even to get back to for me). Between us we should be able to find somewhere for you though...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett